We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation for Jan 2014

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
90 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recommendation for Jan 2014

Hi,

I am hoping for advice on a god hotel for one week at end of January. I would like a double rom for my wife and I, something within walking distance to the main attractions, at least 3 star level (with a nice bar for an apertif or nightcap!), near some good restaurants. I am hoping to keep to 150-200/ night. A balcony would be a nice bonus. I know it sounds like alot to expect but I am hoping that off season I might find a good deal.

Thanks for any help.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,068 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendation for Jan 2014

Would that be 150-200 dollars or euros...big difference...200 euros at the current exchange rate equals about $260.00. In January that would get you a nice room in a good area for site seeing (off season!). $150.00 would be worth only about 113 euros...at current rates. Also, you will probably find that many/most 3-star hotels will not have a bar, at least in my experiences.

Sarpsborg, Norway
Level Contributor
38 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendation for Jan 2014

I've stayed all over Rome as I go there approx. 4 times a year, and my tip would be Hotel Quirinale at Via Nazionale (close to Termini yet close to Colosseo, Foro Romano etc.) Metro 2 minutes away, bus stop right outside the entrance.

15-20 min walk to Piazza Navona, Fontana di Trevi & Pantheon.

The star rating in Italy doesn't necessary tell you anything about the quality of the hotel as they're given out depending on what's available at the hotel (tv, A/C, gym, bar, restaurant etc).

Hotel Quirinale is a 4 star and a quite good one in my opinion.

Paid about 350 euro in total for a double room (only 1 person in the room), 4 nights in January this year.

Check out hotels.com, booking.com, venere.com etc. instead of the hotels web site - could save you some money.

Good luck! :)

Edited: 21 May 2013, 10:08
3. Re: Hotel recommendation for Jan 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 05:18