I found this 3 Days in Rome on Tripadvisor and seems like a good fit for me and my two teenage kids ages 13 and 17 for our trip in July.
Day 1 -- Colosseum, Roman Forum, Campo de' Fiori
Day 2 -- St. Peter's Square (Piazza San Pietro), Vatican City, Vatican Museums
1. I assume the listed St Peter's Square also means to go into the Basilica. By the way, looking at the map, I thought St. Peter's Square was closer to Vatican City than shows on the map?
2. I read that the Vatican is miserable because of crowds? If we go, I am thinking to book a tour, such as
3. I was wondering to put the Pantheon on Day 1 with the other Day 1 sites?.
4. Also thinking to add Piazza Navona to Day 1?
5. What about the idea of walking around the Colosseum without going inside? That is what I did years ago in 1990 when I was in Rome.Edited: 21 May 2013, 03:07