We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difference between Roma Pass and Roma & Piu pass

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Espoo, Finland
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Topic
Difference between Roma Pass and Roma & Piu pass

Hi,

Will be in Rome from 12th June to 15th June(4 days) - 2 adults and a 3 year old kid.

We will be staying very close to Roma Termini.

I guess the cheapest and convenient way to go around is to buy the Pass...but I am confused which one to buy Roma Pass or Roma & Piu pass?

I see that there is only 2euros difference between the cards, so which one is better.

1. Can you please suggest which one to buy and what's the difference?

2. Do I need to buy it online or can I buy it in Rome?

Thanks,

Sanam

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,302 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Difference between Roma Pass and Roma & Piu pass

You don't need to buy the romapass to get around Rome. You can easily buy tickets for the bus or metro as you need them. The romapass is a sites pass that also includes transportation. If you'll be seeing 3 or more sites covered by the pass then you should buy it. If not, you're probably better off just paying as you go for the sites and buying transport tickets as you need them.

http://www.romapass.it/p.aspx?l=en&tid=2

These are descriptions of what each pass includes.

If you decide to get the pass you can just pick them up in Rome, no need to buy ahead of time.

Donna

Espoo, Finland
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Difference between Roma Pass and Roma & Piu pass

Thanks for the reply.

I am still thinking whether to buy the Roma pass or not.

I guess the only time we will need to use Metro is to get to :

Day 1 :Collosium from hotel, Palatine Hill and go around surrounding area and back to hotel

Day 2 : Roman forum from hotel, go around surrounding area and back to hotel

Day 3 : Vatican Museum from hotel, surrounding area and back to hotel

Day 4 : Not yet decided where, but will surely use public transport to and from destination.

So I might end up using public transport almost throughout my stay atleast twice a day.

Will it work out cheaper if I buy a day ticket for using public transport and a separate ticket to Collosium(booking it online) . How much does the day ticket cost?

3. Re: Difference between Roma Pass and Roma & Piu pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2014, 06:18