We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome - AIrport Hotel

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
san francisco, ca
Level Contributor
368 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Rome - AIrport Hotel

I have friends who are traveling with two small children and are only staying one night in Rome. Their flight leaves at 430AM the next day and so they prefer a hotel at the Fiumicino Airport. Does anyone have a suggestion for a hotel located within the airport (if there is one). The most important thing is easy access to the airport with a lot of luggage and two small children. Any help would be appreciated.

thank you.

dpranne

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome - AIrport Hotel

Try the Hilton: …hilton.com/en/…index.html

san francisco, ca
Level Contributor
368 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome - AIrport Hotel

Hi, MomCat1992

The Hilton is the hotel that I thought would be the best . However, since they are traveling with two children is the only way to get from the hotel to airport to walk? They will have a lot of luggage. I tried speaking to someone at the hotel but they kept saying they could use a trolley but not clarifying how they get the trolley or what they do with the trolley once they are done. Is there a taxi or shuttle to the airport?

thanks

dpranne

NY
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome - AIrport Hotel

IF (and I repeat IF) they are travelling directly back to the US on a US carrier, they will have to go to T5 to check in - this would require using a shuttle bus from the T3 area to T5, unless the hotel has a better way to do it.

It might be better to stay in Rome and just taxi out the next morning, yes I know you have to get up really really early but at that time a taxi would make it in about 30 minutes with all your luggage and direct to the correct terminal - you could prebook the taxi the night before.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome - AIrport Hotel

Is their flight actually at 4:30 in the morning or is that when they have to be at the airport? Is that flight going back to the states or somewhere else in the Schengen area?

I too would stay in Rome and do as suggested above -

Here's a list (per TripAdvisor) of hotels at FCO (make sure it is FCO and not the other airport as I wasn't sure it filtered properly):

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=rome+italy+airport+hotels&sub-search=SEARCH&geo=60763&pid=3826&returnTo=__2F__ShowForum__2D__g60763__2D__i5__2D__New__5F__York__5F__City__5F__New__5F__York__2E__html

You could look up reviews here on TA for any of those to see comments specifically about getting to the terminals.

But, it could be the best 50 euros they spend on their trip if they sleep in Rome and book a car to take them door to door. Or, have their hotel book the taxi - either way; easy peasy and no worries.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome - AIrport Hotel

There is the Hilton Rome Airport - somewhat connected to the terminals by the overhead walkway. A bit further out is the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport. The latter is sometimes significantly cheaper. At the Hilton Rome Airport (HRA), there are trolleys parked outside the front entrance. You can then push these over to elevator that goes up to the overhead walkway. While it is essentially close and connected - it is however a very long walk probably for children. The good news is that the HRA is very accommodating and has regular shuttles over to the terminals. If your friends flight is direct to a point in the US, they will need to go to Terminal 5 first anyway and HRA operates a regular shuttle to this terminal. They simply need to speak with the front desk the night before to make arrangements (especially with the timing of their early am flight). If there flight is to a european destination as a first stop (i.e. Brussels, Paris, Heathrow, etc), then they would need to go to the corresponding terminal - and could still arrange for the shuttle.

The Hilton Garden Inn (HGI) also operates a shuttle to the terminals and they again simply need to make arrangements the night before.

The benefits of the HRA over HGI might be two things: #1 HRA has a pool - great for the kids the night before. #2 HRA has a free shuttle that operates hourly to takes guests to downtown Rome and back again. Always nice for the last day/night in Rome. It drops you at a very central location.

Both hotels have a restaurant and bar. Both can make up breakfast-to-go bags to pick up the morning of the flight. Both operate shuttles from the rental car return to the hotel (and I would guess from the train as well, if you just walked out to the curb to the shuttle location).

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rome - AIrport Hotel

Yay - someone that knows about those hotels! Great info

(have no idea why that link I posted doesn't come up as a hyperlink - very frustrating)

san francisco, ca
Level Contributor
368 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rome - AIrport Hotel

They are flying from Rome to Mykonos. The flight leaves at 635AM from Rome(Terminal 2) to Mykonos. Their concern is that they are going to have to be up by at least 430AM and with two children and luggage and confusion I am trying to make it as easy as possible. The cost of the hotel is not an issue for them. They just want it as easy as possible.

Thank you so much

dpranne

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rome - AIrport Hotel

Either hotel would be fine then and just arrange the FREE shuttle to Terminal 2

san francisco, ca
Level Contributor
368 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rome - AIrport Hotel

Thank you to everyone!!! So helpful!

dpranne

10. Re: Rome - AIrport Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2014, 05:16