We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant rec, near Spanish steps & colesseum

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant rec, near Spanish steps & colesseum

Hi

Can anyone recommend a nice place for lunch near the Spanish steps? We're heading over this morning & need some suggestions please.

Also, is there anywhere nice for dinner down near the colosseum? We'll be going down around 5 & would love a great place to enjoy some dinner.

Preferably both will be somewhere with a great atmosphere, gorgeous food & a mid budget. We went to a great restaurant last night & had 2 starters, 2 pasta dishes, a desert to share, 2 coffees, 2 amaretto with coke & 2 coronas & paid 72 euros so something along the same woul be fantastic.

Many thanks

Jane

Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
757 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant rec, near Spanish steps & colesseum

Sorry I can't help with any suggestions for your lunch or dinner ( we don't go until August ) but would love name and address of the place you mentioned in your post ... I'm making a wee list if places that we can go to while we're there ... Many thanks and hope someone can give you some suggestions for today .

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,443 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant rec, near Spanish steps & colesseum

I had dinner at il Gabriello (near the Spanish Steps on Via Vittoria 51) many years ago, and it was fantastic. Looking at the reviews, it appears that people are still enjoying their meals.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant rec, near Spanish steps & colesseum

Hi Happycruzer

The place I mentioned is called Cantina_e_Cucina, it really is amazing, make sure you put it on your list. It is my joint favourite restaurant in Rome along with Osteria da fortunata (you will not taste anything better than their mozzarella & carbonara!) and La Fiaschetta! (Steak in red wine sauce with rosemary potatos is to die for!) all are around the same price & absolutely gorgeous authentic roman restaurants! Infact Osteria was really cheap, we had mozzarella & tomato, bruschetta, 2 tagletelli carbonara, a glass of wine, a beer, a large bottle of water & it was only 42 euros!

I have just seriously depressed myself! Go, enjoy & know that I am insanely jealous :( haha

Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
757 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant rec, near Spanish steps & colesseum

Many thanks JaneD , they both sound just the kind of places we're looking for and like ... My only problem will be only having 10 days to try all of the ones on my list .... Oh and finding elasticated waist clothes to take with me ;)

Thanks again and good to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Rome !

5. Re: Restaurant rec, near Spanish steps & colesseum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2014, 07:17