We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone ever stayed at Hotel Les Chambres D'or in Roma...

Show Low
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone ever stayed at Hotel Les Chambres D'or in Roma...

Hi,

Leaving on Sunday for 10 days in Italy. This forum has helped answer so many of my questions. Thank you! I am traveling with my 3 grown daughters and we need help with information on this hotel and best way to get there. The address is Via Dei Gracchi 32.

Thanks!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone ever stayed at Hotel Les Chambres D'or in Roma...

Kat & girls,

You didn't say how you were getting to the hotel. Are you having someone pick you up at the airport or taking public transportation?

Here's a website w/ a map:

nycerome.com/accommodation/rome-hotels/hotel…

It is located very near to the Vatican.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone ever stayed at Hotel Les Chambres D'or in Roma...

Hi again,

I found a better map. You can go in and put in the address and zoom it in the direction you want. I used this one when we were in Rome to get from our hotel to Colosseum.

Via De Gracchi 32 is very close to the Vatican as you will see on the map. Also located near Ottaviano metro station.

Hope this helps.

www.hot-maps.de/europe/italy/rome/homeen.html

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone ever stayed at Hotel Les Chambres D'or in Roma...

I've never stayed there, but I can tell you the best way from the airport with 4 of you is to hire a car service like Stefano from romecabs or airportconnection.com. You'll be more comfortable than taking a taxi or finding a train, and a private car should only run you about 55 euro (the train is around 10 euro each, 50 euro total). The location is very nice, Prati is a great neighborhood and you'll be conveniently located to a host of transport at nearby Pza. Risorgimento, plus, the girls will love shopping along Via Cola di Rienzo, which is where the average Giuseppe shops (instead of the price-gouging tourist areas like the Spanish Steps).

Show Low
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone ever stayed at Hotel Les Chambres D'or in Roma...

Thank you May Zee and Romasolo for the great advice and websites for further info!

Leaving Sunday and will be enjoying every minute.

Kat&girls

San Bruno...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone ever stayed at Hotel Les Chambres D'or in Roma...

Hello Kat and any/all that can help ~

I am traveling this coming Sunday to Italy and looking to stay at Hotel Les Chambers d'Or and would like to get some feedback on the hotel. Kat, did you stay here? I would love to know what you thought of the place?

The next street over has Hotel Giuggioli, which carries some high reveiws. It surprised me to see Hotel Les Chambers d'Or not even be listed.

Any feedback is much appreciated on either or both hotels. Thanks so much....oh yes, we are traveling by train.

Grazie.

JD

San Bruno...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone ever stayed at Hotel Les Chambres D'or in Roma...

I am traveling this coming Sunday to Italy and looking to stay at Hotel Les Chambers d'Or and would like to get some feedback on the hotel. Kat, did you stay here? I would love to know what you thought of the place?

The next street over has Hotel Giuggioli, which carries some high reveiws. It surprised me to see Hotel Les Chambers d'Or not even be listed.

Any feedback is much appreciated on either or both hotels. Thanks so much....oh yes, we are traveling by train.

Grazie.

JD

San Bruno...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone ever stayed at Hotel Les Chambres D'or in Roma...

Grazie.

JD

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
370 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone ever stayed at Hotel Les Chambres D'or in Roma...

SoloRoma

I would recommend Stefano over Airport connection to get to and from the airport. Stefano is very reliable and I was very pleased with him going to and from the airport. I was not pleased with airportconnection last year. They were on time when I arrived at the airport and took me to my hotel, but they cancelled my reservation when I was leaving Rome without telling me. They came a 1/2 hour early to pick me up at the hotel. I said I would be down in a few minutes because I was not expecting them so early. The dispatcher told the driver not to wait and he left. When I called the company to complain she said that they had someone else to pick up and could not wait- even though they were 1/2 hour earlier than arranged. When I asked why didn't they call the day before to tell me they were going to pick me up earlier they said they did, but I was not in my room and they do not leave messages at the hotel. Of course that makes no sense. I had the concierge speak to them in Italian, but he couldn't help and we had to get our own cab and cut it very close to get on our flight. Now with all of the extra precautions we probably would have missed it.

Stay with Stefano at romecabs. He is the most reliable!!

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,681 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone ever stayed at Hotel Les Chambres D'or in Roma...

CHEFJD, are you going three times ? LOL.

We stayed there about 5 weeks ago - see my (and other) reviews at tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187791-d313…

If you are staying that side of the river then I would go for it: using the Metro means you are only 20 minutes away from the main tourist sites. if you stay at the other place, still use the restaurant at 86 v dei gracchi, we ate there nearly every day.

Show Low
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone ever stayed at Hotel Les Chambres D'or in Roma...

Chef JD

We stayed at Hotel Les Chambres d"or and it was kind of crowded because we needed a quad. The room was clean though. It's on the 3rd floor of an apartment building and we arrived there by Romecabs which was the best money we spent because we would have never found it otherwise. You eat breakfast at a little cafe across the street and check into the motel there as well. The staff there was very nice, spoke English and were helpful. The metro was a couple blocks away and we rode that everyday, was easy to use. The vatican was within walking distance. The room was quiet as well! Can't wait to go back! Didn't schedule enough time for Rome and we loved it.