We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

non -touristic places for good meal

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
109 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
non -touristic places for good meal

It would be nice if somebody write few interesting domestic places- non touristic where people can eat ......Thanks a lot

Colosseum Motorcycle Center
Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
SPB Tours Mediterranean Rome
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Exclusiveissimo
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Shopping Tours
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,656 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: non -touristic places for good meal

There are many threads on this subject/question; just go back a few days looking at threads on the Rome forum and you will threads with subject lines about restaurants in Rome that are "non-touristy" - though, really, in most places in Rome, there will be tourists- it does not mean they are not good restaurants.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: non -touristic places for good meal

Since Rome gets over 7 million visitors a year, all restaurants hope to get a piece of that pie.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: non -touristic places for good meal

I think it's pretty safe to say that there is no good restaurant in the main tourist area of Rome that won't be visited by tourists. After all, what happens when you show up? All of a sudden, there are tourists there. :-)

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
119 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: non -touristic places for good meal

Antico arco. It's s but pricey but definitely worth it. The area is lovely too

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,832 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: non -touristic places for good meal

It is quite unrealistic to expect to find restaurants not frequented by tourists. Even Italians are tourists. The criteria should be that the food is good, who cares who is eating beside you.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
109 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: non -touristic places for good meal

Thanks to everyone.....I don't carrie who is eating behind me , just prefer to eat in places where locals eat .....in that way I said non- touristic.Maybe it is wrong word if we talk about Italy...... :)

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: non -touristic places for good meal

If you're talking about central Rome, it's the wrong word. If you get out on the periphery of Rome, or if you go to one of the many regions that are overlooked by tourists, you'll find lots of places that are non-touristy. That doesn't mean the restaurants are necessarily any better, though.

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
13,393 posts
708 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: non -touristic places for good meal

Bvlenci is right, for one thing stay away from the typical touristy areas and go to the areas where average tourists don't go. And read carefully the reviews on Tripadvisor: you can guess the best not touristy places are not only the best rated ones, also the ones reviewed mostly (and best) by Italians.

Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: non -touristic places for good meal

Me too, I agree wholeheartedly with Bvlenci and Aristofane - honestly, (almost) every restaurant in the city centre is rather bad by Italian standards. I'd suggest you to look for some restaurant outside the main touristy areas... this is also true for gelaterie and pizzerie, too.

By the way - non-touristic cafés won't charge people for just sitting down.

Edited: 27 May 2013, 09:36
Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: non -touristic places for good meal

Actually, what I said is that eating outside the touristy areas is no guarantee of a good restaurant. There are mediocre restaurants in the non-touristy areas, too.