We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

re: St. Peter's Basilica Rome / Vatican Museum

Port Coquitlam...
Level Contributor
19 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
re: St. Peter's Basilica Rome / Vatican Museum

I am quite confused about getting tickets to these two places. I've purchased tickets to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel online through the Official website, then I read that they also offer a "combine" ticket of these two places and St. Peter's Basilica. Some website say that it's free to enter St. Peter's Basilica so why is there this "combine" ticket? Then "The Rome Toolkit" website say that admission fee is required to climb the Dome and to St. Peter's Treasury. Where do I buy tickets to these two places? Will we have to stand in a long queue to buy those tickets or can we buy them online?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,159 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: re: St. Peter's Basilica Rome / Vatican Museum

The basilica is free to enter. There are tours you can take that will include the museums and the basilica. This is what you probably saw. There is a fee to climb to the top of the dome and also to visit the treasury. You can purchase those once you get to the Vatican. There is no combo ticket that will include everything. Entry tickets for the museums only include the museums and not the treasury or the dome.

Donna

Port Coquitlam...
Level Contributor
19 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: re: St. Peter's Basilica Rome / Vatican Museum

Thanks, Donna. So this means that I've already purchased our tickets to visit the Museum at 9 am, so after we're done, we can visit St. Peter's Basilica and get tickets to the Dome, etc. Is this what you mean? I'm kinda stupid so hope you don't mind......

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,317 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: re: St. Peter's Basilica Rome / Vatican Museum

Yes, visit the museums and chapel, then exit and walk to St Peters square where you will go through security screening and then have free entrance to the Basilica. The two entrances are about a 10 minute walk away.

4. Re: re: St. Peter's Basilica Rome / Vatican Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 06:18