We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation in the heart of Rome

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation in the heart of Rome

hello helpful tripadvisors :)

Im overwhelemd by all the options of accomodation in Rome and dont even know where to start... Im travelling to Italy for the first time, Ideally I'd like to be located in the heart of all the attractions.. I'll be arriving at around 7pm at night and looking looking to somewhere in the heart of Rome for around 3 days. I dont need cooking facilities or anything.. Ill be out and about exploring and travelling by myself so want a place thats lively and active, lots of hustle and bustle other like minded travellers ad clean.. i know there are places out there :) Budgets around $50 p/night..

would be so happy to hear peoples reccomendations...

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,674 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation in the heart of Rome

You won't find any hotels or other accommodations in the center of Rome for 36 euros per night which is what the current exchange rate is. You'll either need to increase your budget or stay a little farther out. You can try the termini and Vatican areas which are still close to the sites but not in the center of the city.

Use venere.com or hotels.com to find something to fit your budget. 36 euros is very low, even for off season so you may have trouble finding something.

donna

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,028 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation in the heart of Rome

Your budget is very low: I don't think you could find accommodation in central Melbourne for $50 per night.

When we travel in Europe, we budget on €100 ($135) per night for decent accommodation with en suite. We would probably pay more in Rome, and make up for this by using cheaper accommodation elsewhere.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation in the heart of Rome

The only thing you will find at that price is a hostel.

Try the beehive.

Even though its fairly central, it's not exactly in a location with a lot of hustle & bustle.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation in the heart of Rome

thanks penny for advice..have you stayed at the beehive? do u have anymore recommendations for other places that are above $50?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,133 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation in the heart of Rome

You could try to find a room in a monastery though I suspect they too may cost more than that:

http://www.monasterystays.com

There is one monastery right near Campo de'Fiori which is in heart of the center but it is more than your budget.

You can also try: http://www.hostelworld.com/hostels/Rome

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation in the heart of Rome

The sights in Rome are all over the place. No matter where you stay, you will be going from one side of town to the other and back again, and from one place to another in between. So don't get too hung up over which area of town to stay in. I would not stay outside of town however.

Spirit

North York Moors...
Level Contributor
272 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodation in the heart of Rome

Hi there :) I can recommend the Beehive as a brilliant place to stay,check out their website,or their Facebook page. Clean,comfortable rooms,a peaceful garden to relax in,and a nice chilled atmosphere. They don't include breakfast,but they have a cute cafe downstairs that serves delicious,very reasonably priced food. It's just a couple of blocks away from the railway station,and very near the bus station. We found that nearly all the attractions were within a 15/20 minute leisurely walk. Hope you find somewhere!

8. Re: Accomodation in the heart of Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 05:15