We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colosseum Tour

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Colosseum Tour

I am going to book the Colosseum underground tour, but have just checked Donna's information and it states that the forum and palatine hill is not included in that tour. How do I book all three. Thanks

TopBike Rental & Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire, Bike Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
City Wonders
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Night Tours, Day Trips
Stefano's RomeCabs
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Italy Segway Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Night Tours, Segway Tours, Private Tours
Maryland
Level Contributor
430 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colosseum Tour

I don't think there is a tour that does the Colosseum underground as well as the Forum and Palatine Hill. You will have to book 2 separate tours. There might be one that does all 3 places but would just include the 1st and 2nd floors of the Colosseum.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,648 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colosseum Tour

There is not a tour that includes all three. The underground/third tier is it's own tour. If you wish to book tours of the forum and palatine hill you can do that once you reach Rome. They cost 5 euros each and you can sign up for them at the ticket office for the forum and palatine hill.

Donna

Virginia
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colosseum Tour

I've seen three sites to order tickets from: http://www.coopculture.it, http://www.ticketclic.it, and the www.tickitaly.com site. Tickitaly seems much more expensive too. Does anyone know why it seems the cost of the underground and third tier tour on coopculture is the same price as the standard colosseum tour. I want to book a tour of all 3 levels of the colosseum and have access to the Forum and Palatine hill, and wouldn't mind a tour of those included too. Any advice? thx.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,648 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Colosseum Tour

The tour for the underground/third tier is 22.50 while the tour of the main levels is 18.50 from the official coopculture site. There is no tour on the official site that includes all areas of the colosseum but you don't really need one. The information on the structure is the same on both tours. The difference is that you cannot visit the underground or third tier unless you are on that tour.

If you want a tour of all of the colosseum and the forum and palatine hill you'll need to hire a private guide and it will cost a lot of money. The forum and palatine hill have their own official tours that you can book onsite for 5 euros each. The entry ticket or underground tour ticket will get you into the forum and palatine hill.

Donna

California
Level Contributor
200 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Colosseum Tour

Is Underground tour ticket is valid for 2 days DOnna? Thankyou

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,648 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Colosseum Tour

The entry ticket is good for two days. The tour itself is for a specific day at a specific time. If you book the underground tour and pay the 22.50 it will include the entry ticket which is good for two consecutive days and can also be used at the forum and palatine hill. If you wish to visit the forum and palatine hill before doing the underground tour you should book the print at home entry tickets and then call to book just the tour for 10.50. This way you'll have the tickets in hand and will be able to visit the forum/palatine hill first. The other way you'll only be able to visit them after the colosseum tour.

Donna

California
Level Contributor
200 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Colosseum Tour

Thank you very much Donna, such a detail explanation. I will be in Rome in 2 weeks and excited.

Maryland
Level Contributor
92 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Colosseum Tour

I have the same question regarding guided tours of all 3 sites. Also, where does the Colosseum Underground tour meet? If it's inside the Colosseum, don't you have to have your ticket to enter the Colosseum beforehand?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,648 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Colosseum Tour

Once you pick up your tickets for the tour they will tell you where to meet. Most of the time it's by the elevator but sometimes they have you meet in other locations. The people who check you in for the tour will tell you exactly where your tour should start from.

I'm not sure what other questions you have about the forum and palatine hill tours. You sign up for them the day of the tour. There is no way to book the official tours online or by phone. They cost just 5 euros each.

Donna

California
Level Contributor
200 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Colosseum Tour

Hi Donna, The Underground Tour is valid for 2 days. Do I have to use the 2nd day right the next day after the day I first enter the tour? Or can I just use it when I find time? Thank you for your advices.