We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colosseum and Vatican tours

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Colosseum and Vatican tours

We are arriving in Rome on the 18th June, and a lot of the official tours that are recommended are booked up. Please can anybody recommend any tour groups. So far I have seen availability with Darkrome and Walks of Itaky. Thanks.

TopBike Rental & Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire, Bike Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
City Wonders
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Night Tours, Day Trips
Stefano's RomeCabs
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Italy Segway Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Night Tours, Segway Tours, Private Tours
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
35,062 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colosseum and Vatican tours

Not sure what official sites you're looking at but I just went to the Vatican website and there are still tickets for the 10th through the 28th with only Sunday (when they are closed) being unavailable. Same for the colosseum, they have many tours available starting the 18th.

…vatican.va/musei/tickets/do…

www.coopculture.it/en/ticket.cfm…

Donna

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colosseum and Vatican tours

Thank you. I had missed the admission tickets for the Vatican. I presume there is no tour with this type of ticket, would you recommend to use this ticket or would it be best to be part of a tour. Thank

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
35,062 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colosseum and Vatican tours

Only you can decide if a tour is best for you. I like to go at my own pace but have done the tour several times with different people. Both are good ways to visit the museums so it really depends on your interest level. You might want to do entry tickets with an audio guide. That's sort of the best of both worlds.

Donna

Alexandria, VA USA
Level Contributor
588 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Colosseum and Vatican tours

Family members did the Colosseum with Dark Rome in April and said it was fantastic. On their recommendation we are booked for the end of June with them.

5. Re: Colosseum and Vatican tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 05:17