We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from fumicino airport to a hotel

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
from fumicino airport to a hotel

Dear all,

I'll be in Rome for only over night, and I'd like to see as much of it as possible. So any advice to reach the hotel as fast as possible (I'll be in Hearth hotel, next to Vatican) with lowest price.

And what can I see there if I reached the airport at 6pm and I'll leave next day on 4 pm.

Thanks in advance.

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from fumicino airport to a hotel

I don't think you will see much of anything

do you have tickets to the Vatican

it would have been easier to stay near Termini railway station and there is more to see there

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,939 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from fumicino airport to a hotel

Fastest travel and lowest price are never the same. For all the options, see the Top Question "To and from FCO airport" at top right of this page.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,840 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from fumicino airport to a hotel

The fastest and easiest way would be to take a taxi. This won't be the cheapest. The cheapest will be by bus but that will also take the longest.

As for what to see, you need to get a guide book to determine what is the most important for you to see. We can all make suggestions as to what we find important but if you don't have the same interests then you'll have wasted the little bit of time you have in Rome seeing things you're not interested in. That's why a guide book is so important.

Donna

NY
Level Contributor
3,573 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from fumicino airport to a hotel

This is only general information for what to see after you decide how to get from the airport to your hotel and back the next day and how much time you will have and after you consider sites to see

While your hotel is very close to the Vatican, most of the other sites are across the river - you can walk but the metro is faster. That evening if the weather is good you could go over there and walk around.

If you want to visit the Vatican museum and Sistine chapel the next morning, you should pre book for an early time and that would be it for that day, assume you need to be back to the airport 2 or 3 hours ahead of your flight time - definitely 3 if international flight, St. Peter's is free, maybe you will encounter no line.

If you want to tour inside the Col., then you can also pre book a time, or get a ticket at the Forum entrance to avoid the ticket lines.

Of course you will not be able to do both the Vatican Museum and the Col. the next morning.

Edited: 06 June 2013, 12:43
5. Re: from fumicino airport to a hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 06:16