We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dissability access on train network around rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
dissability access on train network around rome

i am visiting rome in june,can anyone tell me if trsins are accessible.for wheelchairs or electric scooters ,and is there lifts available in underground stations,for people with dissabilities,as no other way of travelling around rome otherwise

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
203 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dissability access on train network around rome

Unofrtunately Rome is a very difficult city for people with disabilities.

Many stations in the centre of the city are old and have not been provided with lifts.

some as coloseum and termini have been recently renovated or they just added wheelchair lifts.

with trains it could get a bit complicated. i guess you'd better visit rome transportation site atac.it in the english version for more information and also the trenitalia.com websites for some info on trains.

hope this helps!

London, England
Level Contributor
8,065 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dissability access on train network around rome

I have found Rome to be one of the most disabled unfriendly European cities. The only saving grace is that the local people will try all they can to help you. No, the metro is not accessible. The tram is and I managed the buses as I can 'do' steps and not confined to a wheelchair.

Most sites, museums give you free entry. I found the staff in Villa Borghese and Victor Emmanuele monument particularly helpful.

Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: dissability access on train network around rome

thank you for your info,most.appreciated

4. Re: dissability access on train network around rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 05:17