We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Rome (july)....

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Rome (july)....

I realise this has been asked so many times but having trouble finding the information I need....

I am going to rome at beginning of July for a long weekend and wondering where to stay, I dont mind walking but also love using the transprt systems such as the metro to get around!!

2 questions also....

Is the public transport (train) easy to use?

Do they run on sundays?

Thanks alot :)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,187 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Rome (july)....

Public transport is not difficult to use, but the Metro runs to few places that are useful to tourists. Buses are much more useful. See www.atac.roma.it

Public transport runs every day of the year.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Rome (july)....

There are only 2 metro lines A & B so they are very easy to use. However, the only major sites they go near are the vatican and the colisseum & spagna. It's terribly useful for tourist purposes. You are better off walking or taking buses (with buses you get the view :-) !!!!

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,070 posts
556 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Rome (july)....

Stay within the historic center so you can walk as much as possible: Spanish Steps/Trevi, Pantheon, Piazza Navona/Campo de' Fiori, Monti, closer in parts of Trastevere .... Particularly for just a long weekend you will probably just end up walking everywhere and the hopping in a taxi if your feet are too tired out. As we have a home near the Spanish Steps, we often use the metro. The mini electric bus is also very convenient: map at http://www.atac.roma.it/files/doc.asp?r=9 .

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
367 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Rome (july)....

We were in Rome for the 1st time in Dec. and stayed right around the corner of the Trevi Fountain and LOVED the location. Central & within walking distance to almost all major tourist attractions. The name of the hotel was Hotel Delle Nazioni & I highly recommend it. Such a convenient location and easy to find if you get lost as you just follow signs back to the Trevi. Have a fun trip!

5. Re: Where to stay in Rome (july)....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 06:16