We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spledide royal or albergo del senato???

ireland
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
spledide royal or albergo del senato???

since our last hotel has let us down, i have come across these two hotels - splendide royal hotel or albergo del senato. which would you go for?????

remember its my wedding.

regards,

m doubtfire.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spledide royal or albergo del senato???

I would say the Splendide woul feel great to be in: lovely, great shape, near the park, but farther from center of town, so the price will include extra time and efffort in transport. The Albergo del Senato is considered a reliable choice, but it's a bit run down by comparison to the Splendide; it does have, without doubt, the best location for being central to a host of things. Are you lovebirds who want privacy away from the action, or do you enjoy diving into the fray, falling out your door to immediate restaurants, bars and cafes? Take which suits you best. And complimenti!

ireland
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: spledide royal or albergo del senato???

well im actually getting married next march and its then when i will be going over. i hear its a little pricey. i have about 17 people including myself going over. do you recommend any hotels that would suit us? i am getting married in st patricks church. although i do want to be near the action, i dont want to be stuck in the middle and i do want a very nice hotel.

i no i am asking alot but could you recommend anything?

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: spledide royal or albergo del senato???

Do you need to accomodate a group of 19 or just yourselves?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
470 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: spledide royal or albergo del senato???

Well M.doubtfire -

My heart heart truly resides at the Senato so it make me quite biased. However, what does your group look like in terms of numbers. I dont know if the Senato would be able to accomodate a large wedding party as they do book quickly and stay full.

My experience with them has been magical. Very attentive and they always anticipated our needs. Besides, you cant find fault with your next door neighbor - The Pantheon. I too considered the Splendide on our last trip there but as i have stated before - my heart and soul just lives at the Senato!

ireland
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: spledide royal or albergo del senato???

i need to accomodate a group of 17 now actually. only 15 for the full four nights and two extra on the the last two nights.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: spledide royal or albergo del senato???

You can try a B&B that will fit everyone, have some charm, be in the center and be more economical than hotels. Try Canali ai Coronari or Palazzo Olivia, for example. Both are by Navona. Caesar House and Nicolas Inn are virtually across the street from each other so look into them, too. They are on Cavour near the Forum.

New York,NY
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: spledide royal or albergo del senato???

Without a doubt - Splendide Royal- next to everything-Spanish Steps- Via Veneto - 20 minute walk to Vatican- Colloseum-

ireland
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: spledide royal or albergo del senato???

Hola,

thanks so much for all your help. You have been great!

And if i can ever be of any help to anyone please don;t hesitatet to drop me a line.

Muchas muchas Gracias,

M. Doubtfire.

cachris
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: spledide royal or albergo del senato???

I've been reading the messages going back and forth regarding the Splendide Royal. Is it nicer than the Bernini Bristol? What hotel is closer to the Pantheon (walking distrance for both hotels).

Thanks...I appreciate the help.

Kimberton PA
Level Contributor
91 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: spledide royal or albergo del senato???

Del Senato is across the street from the Pantheon.