We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick itinerary questions

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
13 posts
Save Topic
Quick itinerary questions

Hello

We will be arriving in Rome for one night on a friday in August at the end of our cruise and staying in a hotel near the Vatican museums. We currently have a reservation to meet our Romecabs driver for 8 AM.

2 quick questions:

1) Have seen a couple of conflicting reports of how long it actually takes to get to Rome from Civitavecchia. I know there are variables like traffic, but can someone give us an approx. time driving? Again, our hotel is a 5 min. walk nw of the Vatican museums.

2) We were thinking of doing the Vatican in the afternoon, possibly getting tickets for the museums at 2:30 to avoid some crowds. Would it be better to tour the basilica before then or after then? (We won't have a tour, so I assume we can't take the shortcut)

Indiana
Level Contributor
784 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick itinerary questions

1) We did the same route 2 weeks ago and it took 90 minutes.

2) The smaller crowds inside the Basillica are early morning and later in the day. Before a 2:30 tour would be the busiest.

toronto, canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick itinerary questions

Have you looked into the Friday night museum opening? We were there a couple weeks ago and it's much less crowded in the museums (comparing to what I've see in pics of the museum in daytime). Very enjoyable experience.

NYC
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick itinerary questions

Thanks. I believe the night tours don't operate in August unfortunately... :(

4. Re: Quick itinerary questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 05:17