We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting from ciampino to tiburtina bus station

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
getting from ciampino to tiburtina bus station

we are going to rome and need to get from ciampino airport to tiburtina bus station. if we take public transport such as terravision, metro or bus then we will miss our bus to visso. we have seen vastly different quotes for a taxi and vastly different distances e.g. 7km and 16km between the 2 places. we would welcome any help or information re. the approx. cost of a taxi to tiburtina. many thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,641 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting from ciampino to tiburtina bus station

Bus Ciampino airport to Termini www.sitbusshuttle.com

Taxi Termini to Tiburtina about 11.euro

Taxi Ciampino airport to Tiburtina about 30 euro

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,132 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting from ciampino to tiburtina bus station

For Rome taxis, there is a fixed fare of €35 from Ciampino airport to Tiburtina station. The distance is some 10 miles in a direct route, or 15 miles if you use the Rome ring autostrada. Either way could take 30 to 60 minutes, depending on traffic.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting from ciampino to tiburtina bus station

thank you so much for taking the time to reply. the tourist office told me today that it was 50 km! another option is , according to a trip advisor site is to get the local bus from the airport to the town of ciampino then get the local train to termini and then metro B to Tibburtina. does anyone know what no. this bus is? have you recently been to rome and how reliable are the taxi cabs to keep to this agreed fare? again thank you

Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting from ciampino to tiburtina bus station

I would take an airport bus to Roma Termini..about 4euros, (usually an hour) then take the train from Roma Termini to Roma Tiburtina, only a few euros again. (few minutes, maybe 8) ...then you're ready to go..

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: getting from ciampino to tiburtina bus station

sorry to hijack your thread but can anyone tell me the best way to get from the port to Tiburtina bus station as after getting off our cruise we need to catch a bus to Siena.

Cheers Jull

rome
Level Contributor
38 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: getting from ciampino to tiburtina bus station

@ Nurioopta excuse me.. where are you living/born? cause i've read some of your msgs... and i wonder what sort od suggestions do u give to travellers??

ANNETTE there are indeed several ways .. one option (cheap) is to get a BUS to CIAMPINO TRAIN STATION(1 euro) from there u catch train to termini ( 1,50 euro) it takes 15 minutes ride when in termini u can just get metro LINE B and exit in TIBURTINA station(4 stops ..cost 1,50)

Another way is: you get local bus to ANAGNINA metro stop.. get LINE A of metro to Termini ...

another way is u get terravision bus to roma termini and then LINE b to tiburtina !

Btw about the train to " visso " .. u get to Spoleto? cause there are several trains during the day..

about distance from ciampino airport to Roma tiburtina is 24KM most of it "highway" ..

PRICE to ROMA TIBURTINA is FIXED to 35 euro! Since you are not alone.. might be the best/fastest option!

Edited: 13 May 2014, 07:47
7. Re: getting from ciampino to tiburtina bus station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 05:15