We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC to rome, Italy

Englewood, New...
1 post
Save Topic
NYC to rome, Italy

Hi guys i'm planning to trave l the 19th to the 30th of September and i'm looking for cheap flights..........I have found nothing under $1150 for non stop !! I would prefer to find cheaper I have never traveled overseas towards Europe I usually do south America, but this year I want to be different. Any suggestions as to when to buy the tickets?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,755 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC to rome, Italy

No suggestions as to when - but, my guess is that those prices are not going to go down - you are planning on going when it is still high season and even if you were going a month later, the prices are still around that much - especially if you want a non-stop.

I'm going around mid-October and have been watching prices - will probably buy my ticket in the 4 to 6 weeks - but, I base that on what I see on various flights and the number of seats I see that are still available.

You can check www.kayak.com for that route and see what comes up. I usually fly on Alitalia - no better or worse (in my personal experience) than any other airline and it flies non-stop; it does also have code share flights with Delta.

Good luck!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: NYC to rome, Italy

You can sign up for travel updates from Trip Advisor as well as for Aer Lingus. but if you want to get lower fares you will most likely need to do a stop over somewhere.

For my last 3 trips I have not been able to fly direct to Italy --- since 2008 I have been 3 times in high season and I was able to get tickets for between 800-900 with a stop over in Dublin.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,037 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYC to rome, Italy

Sept is still close to high season (actuAlly the shoulder season). Tickets cost a lot more nowadays than in 2010, but the cheapest Italy fare are Nov-March1.

Edited: 23 June 2013, 18:06
New York
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NYC to rome, Italy

That actually seems like a really good price considering tickets for May/June nonstop were about $1500 from JFK to Rome.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,210 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NYC to rome, Italy

Ticket prices in 2013 have been much higher than previous years and they've stayed high. $1150 is not a bad price for nonstop this year. I would grab them.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: NYC to rome, Italy

Got a TA alert this afternoon, I you are willing to do a layover, you could get tickets for under $900!!!

But if you are only buying one tickets maybe its not worth the lay over.

7. Re: NYC to rome, Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 06:17