We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chai Latte

Melbourne Vic
Level Contributor
178 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Chai Latte

Silly question

Can you get 'Soy Chai Latte' in Italy , or for that matter in Europe?

I am not a coffee drinker and I love my Soy Chai latte so hopefully I can get them whilst travelling.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,478 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chai Latte

Maybe in a Starbucks, but there is no Starbucks in Rome so I doubt you'll fine one anywhere in Italy. If you can't live without them, is there a possibility of packing some?

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,876 posts
672 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chai Latte

I haven't been there yet, as it just opened earlier this month, but there is now a Nespresso store at Piazza di Spagna 34/35 -- might be your best bet for a chai latte.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,478 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chai Latte

Nespresso just doesn't do chai (tea).

Melbourne Vic
Level Contributor
178 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chai Latte

Thank You for your replies. Im guessing that Starbucks may be the place to go 'somewhere' in Europe hopefully. I was considering taking my own. Do you think the cafes will just 'froth' the milk for me and I will put the chai in myself?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,478 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chai Latte

Have you thought of bringing your own frother. There are small handheld battery operated ones. Asking a cafe, may be a bit of a stretch, but some people have all the charm, you just may be one of them.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,942 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Chai Latte

Oh, if they do that for you, do let us know. It will definitely take some charm

Melbourne Vic
Level Contributor
178 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chai Latte

So from your replies I guess I'm out of luck!!

I hadnt thought of taking my own frother but that is a great idea Thank You.

The only other thing is hopefully soy milk is readily available in Europe?

If it is then Im set!!!

Thanks heaps

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,478 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chai Latte

You can try Carrefour, but to make sure you can bring your own, in the UHT box. Of course, those weigh quite a bit. Another thought is that there is a growing South Asian community. You may be able to find an Indian restaurant somewhere that serves its version of Chai (but it won't be the Starbucks version.)

London, England
Level Contributor
8,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chai Latte

I've never heard of 'Chai Latte', I'm guessing from the posts that it is tea with frothy milk. Sorry, but it sounds awful and I've never heard of it in Europe.

Lots of Europeans, if they drink tea, have it black. In the UK (nation of tea drinkers), as you probably know, we drink tea with a drop of cold milk. Personally, I don't like tea, coffee every time for me and never the instant stuff.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chai Latte

the bar underneath my house has a sign that says they make cappuccinos with soy milk for 1.50 euros, and it is a bit out of the way, and the barman doesn't speak any english, so i'm assuming that soy milk is at least, an option in some bars.

there is also a coffee shop near Piazza Navona that provides free internet, and I've had a good chai latte there, not soy though. Its called Circus and the link is here:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187791-d1…

you can buy rice and soy milk in supermarkets. In fact, my friend bought a carton of a soy and rice milk blend from a supermarket near Termini station that tasted vanilla-y for cereal the other day, it was delicious!