We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Naples from Rome?

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
248 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Naples from Rome?

In Rome now and we realized with our last few days, we'd like to check out another city. We did Assisi today and now the suggestion of Naples came up. Personally I don't think a day will do it justice and we'll be more tired than anything else....thoughts? We'd consider taking the 1hr express train. I even suggested Sorento but again, seems for far for one day.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,068 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Naples from Rome?

It only takes 70 minutes and if you carefully decide what you want to see while there, you could make it a nice enough day; no, of course, you won't see much of it but enough to get a feel for the city.

There are some great threads in the Naples forum about all the interesting choices you have for the day.

This site has some good info as well - (keep in mind, this is like going to any big city for just a day and if you are selective with what you want to see and have a nice lunch, stroll along the water, it can be nice day):

http://www.napoliunplugged.com

If it is very hot, that could make one more tired - so, slow and steady with lunch and a gelato stop or two can make for a nice time.

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
248 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Naples from Rome?

Thank you!! I wish I brought my Italy guidebook - luckily there is tripadvisor :) We are now contemplating going back to our original plan....a nearby beach

3. Re: Day trip to Naples from Rome?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 07:18