We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiumicino Airport to Tiburtina

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
157 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Fiumicino Airport to Tiburtina

I need to get from Fiumicino airport to Tiburtina train station. Where would I find the on-line train schedule for this ? Trenitialia.com doesn't have a stop for Fiumicino Airport.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,939 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiumicino Airport to Tiburtina

The stop for FCO is Fiumicino aeroporto. There are 3 or 4 trains an hour from FCO to Tiburtina.

2. Re: Fiumicino Airport to Tiburtina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 20:09
GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,830 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiumicino Airport to Tiburtina

The fare is 8 Euros each way.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fiumicino Airport to Tiburtina

If yo try to buy a ticket in the self service machine, put in Roma Tibertina as the destination.

Once trying to buy a ticket on the FR-1 train I could not find a stop in the self-service ticket machine for Trastevere (and then I bought a ticket at the window instead) and it turned out it was under Roma Trastevere.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,830 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fiumicino Airport to Tiburtina

In any case, the fare is the same, whether you get off the train at Trastevere, Ostiense or Tiburtina. All seats are unreserved, as the train operates as a commuter train.

Toronto
Level Contributor
157 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fiumicino Airport to Tiburtina

Thanks for all your replies, everyone !

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
14 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fiumicino Airport to Tiburtina

I would like to go from triburtina train station to fumicino airport on 12th of August. As I have to catch a flight at 1610 what is the best and fastest way train or taxi as I have one hour and half time? Thank you

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,939 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fiumicino Airport to Tiburtina

Take a train. There are 3 or 4 trains an hour, taking 48 minutes. A taxi would probably take longer.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Fiumicino Airport to Tiburtina

I'm trying to make it from FCO to Tiburtina to catch an 11:57 train to Naples on Sept 1. Our flight arrives at 8:50. According to the ItaliaTren website, the first train direct to Tiburtina doesn't start running until 10:58 and then every hour on minutes :28 and :58 thereafter. Am I looking at this correct? If so, it looks like I'd have to take the leonardo express to Termini and then switch trains to get to Tiburtina in order to make the 11:57 to Naples.

Edited: 22 July 2013, 14:43
Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fiumicino Airport to Tiburtina

https://www.lefrecce.it/B2CWeb/search.do…

See the link, trains run as stated by Sid.