We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get into Rome by bus or train from Hotel Capanelle?

Aberdeen, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
How to get into Rome by bus or train from Hotel Capanelle?

I am staying at Hotel Capannelle, Via Siderno in July for The Neil Young & Crazy Horse concert. I wanted to know how to get from here into Rome every day, as it is quite far from the city and also, I believe, bus stops and Metro/Train stations are also not very close to the hotel. Can anyone tell me how to get to the closest ones?

Can I buy a ticket that well allow me to use the trains and busses for a few days? Also, is the airport within walking distance of this hotel.

I have read some poor reviews of this hotel on here, and am wondering if I have made a bad choice!

Regards

Dave

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get into Rome by bus or train from Hotel Capanelle?

According to the route planner of the ATAC, Rome's public transportation authority, there is a bus number 664, which stops on the Via Appia Nuova, not far from your hotel. and which will take you to the metro A at the Battistini stop (end of the line).

The hotel is indeed very far out, and not near anything much of interest. However, it gets pretty good reviews on www.booking.com and www.venere.com , both of which accept ratings and reviews only from verified guests.

You can get day passes for 4 euros, and 3-day passes for €16.50, but you can get to anywhere in Rome with a single ticket, which costs only €1.50, including transfers, so a pass would only pay off if you were to make at least 4 trips each day.

Ciampino airport is not far from the hotel, but you certainly couldn't walk there. Fiumicino airport is even farther away.

You can use this web site to calculate routes:

infopoint.atac.roma.it/bw.asp?lingua=ENG

It's important to use the day of the week and time of day that you'll be traveling, and you have to use either an exact address or the name of a nearby piazza.

Edited: 30 June 2013, 17:38
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get into Rome by bus or train from Hotel Capanelle?

I would consider changing hotels, especially if you have a short stay in Rome. Even if you have to spend more per night on a hotel.......This hotel looks nice for the money, but in my opinion I would rather stay in a not as nice hotel and pay more to be closer to the center. It seems like it would be a real hassle to get to and from this hotel!!!

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get into Rome by bus or train from Hotel Capanelle?

The thing is penny I think the concert that the OP is going to see is taking place at the Capanelle racetrack. So I guess he/she is stuck out there.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get into Rome by bus or train from Hotel Capanelle?

The concert is one night. OP mentions being in the city for a few days-- (it would help to know how many a few days is)........ therefore it makes no sense to stay near the concert venue.

Aberdeen, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get into Rome by bus or train from Hotel Capanelle?

Thanks very much for all your replies and advice.

I am indeed going to the concert at the Caspanelle Racetrack - and also flying out of the nearby airport. The hotel is perfect for that. I arrive in Rome - from Lucca - the day of the concert (26th July) and fly out again in the afternoon of the 29th. I don't mind the trek into Rome each day, I just don't want to spend excess time tring to find the route when I get there. If it takes an hour to get to central Rome, it takes an hour.

With regards the reviews of the hotel, I see quite a few on bookings.com regarding the state/quality of the pool (not that the pool is such a big deal to me), the conditon of the restaurant/quality of food and the quality of staff service.

With regards walking to the Airport, it seems like it is only a couple of Km away. Quite an easy walk with a small suitcase, I would have thought - unless you know of a reason why I shouldn't walk?

Rome
Level Contributor
121 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get into Rome by bus or train from Hotel Capanelle?

Get on bus 664 as bvlenci said, there is a stop 50 metres from your hotel, it will get you to a Metro A (subway) station, Colli Albani, which is the 664 bus terminus (it should take no longer than 20 minutes). From there you can easily travel wherever you like to downtown Rome, 1 ticket will be enough.

On the other hand, walking to Ciampino is a no-go; you are not supposed to walk on a highway, and it would be much better for you to arrange for a cab to pick you up from the hotel.

Give my regards to Neil Young, by the way....

7. Re: How to get into Rome by bus or train from Hotel Capanelle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 06:19