We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome to Palermo via EasyJet - time needed

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Rome to Palermo via EasyJet - time needed

We are traveling from Rome to Palermo via EasyJet. Originally from the US, will be in Palermo a few days already before doing our Rome trip. If we are bringing carry on bags only via EasyJet, can someone tell me how early I should get to the Rome aiport to fly back into Palermo? Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,986 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome to Palermo via EasyJet - time needed

At least 2 hours before scheduled departure.

Indiana
Level Contributor
796 posts
433 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome to Palermo via EasyJet - time needed

It is highly variable, depending on the time of day. We went around 8:00am on a Tuesday and got through security in about 20 minutes. Don't arrive too early, as the terminals are void of sufficient seating. You may need to find a nice place on the ground to sit until your plane boards. Our airline told us to arrive 2 hours early, for what its worth.

Edited: 01 July 2013, 03:41
chicago
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome to Palermo via EasyJet - time needed

Hmmm ok, thank you. Our flight is at 8p on a Thursday ... we will be in Florence in the morning so trying to figure out what time to jump on a train back to Rome (assuming we'd just jump right into a taxi when we get to Roma Termini).

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,497 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome to Palermo via EasyJet - time needed

From Rome Termini, you might as well take the Leonardo da Vinci train, which will almost certainly get you there quicker than a taxi. You can buy the ticket in Florence for the entire trip from there to the airport.

I wouldn't worry about getting there too early. If you're early, there will be lots of empty seats at the departure gate. I often fly out of Fiumicino, and have never had to sit on a suitcase, although close to departure time, I am reluctant to relinquish my seat. Being too early certainly beats being too late! I would never take the last train that will get me there in time when a flight is in question. I usually get two trains earlier than the last one. There's lots of great shopping at the airport if you're early.

chicago
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome to Palermo via EasyJet - time needed

bvlenci - Thank you! Do you recommend buying the ticket in Florence directly or online today?

so to make sure i understand - florence fast train to roma termini, da vinci train from roma termini to airport. if there are 4 of us does it not make sense to take a taxi?

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,497 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rome to Palermo via EasyJet - time needed

For four of you, the taxi would be a little cheaper, (48 euros instead of 56), but I think you'd get there quicker with the train, unless you've just missed one, maybe. If you tip the driver, the taxi will be no cheaper. The trains run every half hour, at 22 minutes after the hour and 8 minutes of. There's probably not a big difference in time, so if you prefer, the taxi isn't a terrible idea.

United States
Level Contributor
9,589 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rome to Palermo via EasyJet - time needed

With Easyjet, do check their checkin guidelines which vary by airport. Most times the gate closes 45 minutes before the flight so give yourself plenty of time. I would recommend online checkin as soon as you can (at least the day ahead). It will help with lines. I was not able to complete that on the day of flight and we almost missed our flight because of the lines at the counter.

TAB

8. Re: Rome to Palermo via EasyJet - time needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 06:18