We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended restaurants

London, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Recommended restaurants

Looking for some relatively cheap eats in Rome - maybe 15-20 euros a head for dinner.

I've had a look at the tripadvisor restaurants but don't trust the ranking which primarily consists of fewer reviewed restaurants and gelato places.

Can someone please recommend some good places?

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,329 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended restaurants

What part of the city are you interested in?

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,631 posts
619 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended restaurants

Excellent blog on food and drink in Rome, including inexpensive dining: parlafood.com/budget-dining-in-rome-revised/

And another: theromedigest.com/category/budget-dining/

London, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended restaurants

Any part really! I'm happy to make the journey if it's worth it.

We'll probably be in Trastevere for the first night but anything after is up for grabs.

Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended restaurants

Mmmmh... any part of the city, you say? Then - just beyond the Janiculum, there's a nice restaurant - a favourite of mine, actually - which is called "Al Cuore del Molise"; it's not too expensive (ca. € 20 per person). It's located on via Carlo Pisacane, 47 (the neighbourhood is Monteverde Vecchio).

Edited: 02 July 2013, 09:10
Indiana
Level Contributor
814 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended restaurants

The best food we had in Rome was Grappolo d'Oro.

My review

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187791-d696…

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommended restaurants

There is a small family owned restaurant on a side street in Trastevere that I will always swear by. It's full of Italians so its the real deal and the food is all 100% homemade. The owner speaks perfect English and is very friendly. I got a 3 course meal including a bottle of sparkling water for 12 Euros and it was FAR better than the more expensive restaurant I'd eaten at previously. I know it by look and not by name but if you're interested in checking it out, let me know and I'll find the name for you. Hope this helps!

Boston
Level Contributor
425 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommended restaurants

ryandy - I'd love to know the name of the restaurant if you can find it. Thanks

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommended restaurants

SebagoGal, I apologize, I looked for the name but I couldn't find the restaurant after all. I shouldn't be surprised; it was a hole in the wall place somewhere in the Trastevere area. It's not far from the station if you want to keep your eyes peeled. It has red and white checkered tablecloths, a red awning, red tiled floors, and the gentleman acting as the greeter was always the same: portly, horn rimmed glasses, gray beard, and bald. Once again, I apologize for not being able to find the name!

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,030 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommended restaurants

Oh Ryan, I'll be staying in Tastevere, so now I have to walk around looking for a very red restaurant!

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,826 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommended restaurants

This is our favorite trattoria in Rome. On side street off Piazza Barberini.

Hostaria Romana

Via del Boccaccio, 1 (angolo Via Rasella)

00187 Roma

Tel. 06.474.52.84

Fax: 06-48.35.11

info@hostariaromana.it