We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roam around Rome

Bangalore...
4 posts
Save Topic
Roam around Rome

Look i have only 6 Hr to catch next connecting flight.Where i can visit within this 6 Hr in Rome.These must see places are how far from Fiumicino Airport ? How much it cost me for a taxi to visit The Colosseum,Trevi Fountain,Piazza Navona,Monument of Victor Emmanuel,The Vatican,Pantheon,St. Peter's Basilica and return back to Fiumicino Airport ? Can it be possible to cover these places within this 6 Hr ? Please suggest.

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roam around Rome

First question: when do you land and when your flies leave?

Bangalore...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Roam around Rome

Flight will land at 2 PM and Take-off at 8 PM

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,089 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Roam around Rome

It will take you approximately 30-45 minutes to reach the city depending on transportation. You can take the Leonardo Express train which goes directly from FCO to Roma Termini (main train station) for 14 euros. The train takes 30-35 minutes and runs every 30 minutes.

The price for a taxi to take you around for that many hours will be very pricey - you could contact www.romecabs.com and ask them what they will charge for such a tour of the city.

Depending on where you are flying - you will need to back at FCO either 2 or 3 hours in advance of your flight departure. If it is a domestic flight, 2 hours ahead of flight time; if international, you need to be there 3 hours before flight time.

You could take a taxi from Roma Termini to the Vatican (of course, you do not have time to go in) and then from there, you could walk or take a taxi to the Spanish Steps from which you could map out a walking route to the other sites you mention. You may not get to them all - but Rome is very walkable and most of those sites are pretty close to one another. Look at a map to see for yourself.

I would only do this if I actually had a real 6 hours time period to be in Rome - if that is the amount of time between flights only, you will not have enough time to go into Rome.

Edited: 10 July 2013, 12:55
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,089 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Roam around Rome

Just saw your flight times - by the time you get off the 2 p.m. flight and need to be back for the 8 p.m. flight, I don't see how this would be possible without having a car service pick you up, drive you around Rome and return you to the airport by 5 p.m. (if it is an international flight) - you may really only have 2-2.5 hours before needing to be back at airport. Doesn't seem possible to me.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Roam around Rome

Look, If those are your actual times then you only have about 2-3 hrs to visit the city. You can quickly take in Trevi, Navona, & Pantheon neighborhoods in that time.

You have to be back at the airport 2 hrs before your take off time.

Taxi to and from FCO should be 48eu each way.

Bangalore...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Roam around Rome

Thanks a lot for your input. Can you please tell what should be my shortest root to visit the places like The Colosseum,Trevi Fountain,Piazza Navona,Monument of Victor Emmanuel,The Vatican from Roma Termini station ? Can it be walk-able or if i have to take taxi, how much it will cost me from Roma Termini station ? or if i can get any bus from Roma Termini station ? I can understand i have only 4 Hrs within Rome, because i have to take domestic flight. Kindly suggest.

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Roam around Rome

Sorry but you don't have 4 hours in Rome. Read carefully what Momcat wrote. Moreover do you need to re-embark your checked bag or it will pre embarked?

Everything is doable but it doesn't mean that it's funny or easy, you'll be on a rush.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,089 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Roam around Rome

You might have four hours if you were able to walk right out of the airport and be instantly in Rome - but, you won't get to Rome until at least 1.25 to1.5 hours after landing at 2 pm - so, that would put you in Rome (if you are lucky with connections) at around 3:30 - you then need to allow yourself about 1 to 1.25 hours to return to the airport - meaning you would have to leave Rome around 4.45 or 5 p.m. - that leaves you about 1.5 to 1.75 hours.

Please figure this out carefully or you can end up missing your flight at 8 p.m.

Bangalore...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Roam around Rome

yah, i can understand.. but simultaneously i want to visit at least major places of Rome. Otherwise i will be fully bored while waiting for 5 Hrs in airport itself. My bags will be Pre-embarked.Please tell me what root should i take to cover atleast 3/4 major places before returning back to Roma Termini station ?

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Roam around Rome

Sorry Momcat but it's the first time I read 1.75 hours! :-))))))