We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terravision

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Terravision

I used the Terravision bus from the airport to Rome Termini and then back again.

I had absolutely no problems or issues.

I found it easy to use.

Thek bus was clean and efficient, I would use again.

I hope that this helps as I read many negative reports and was concerned about using it.

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
23,050 reviews
from US$77.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
530 reviews
from US$419.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,840 reviews
from US$125.70*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,643 reviews
from US$58.30*
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,190 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terravision

Glad you had a good experience, I have used them with no problem also, but now prefer SitBus as it's never as crowded

Jonava, Kauno...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terravision

I was using this operator and had a hudge problems:

first of all, in Terravision Cafe in Termini seems that they do not clean toilets for ages

we bougth tickets, got boarding passes, but there was no bus according to a schedule, and there were no second bus, then employee said to us, that the bus MAYBE will be in 20 minutes, so we were waiting more than one hour and almost missed our flight.

Instead of returning money at a cash desk they gave us invalid e-mail adress for claims

and at the final they sent to me a cupon, but I don't need a cupon while living in the other place of Europe.

LOW COST NO SERVISE

Never use this operator

Rome, Italy
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Terravision

We are very sorry to hear your experience was not satisfactory and that you were given a wrong email address. Should you still wish to contact our customer service, please write us at: customerservices@terravision.eu

Rome, Italy
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Terravision

Thanks Marley2! We're happy to hear you positive review!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Terravision

Never use the Terravision from Rome to the airport!

The information on the bus ticket stated to arrive 20 minutes before the bus departure. We arrived much sooner and joined the massive line of hundreds of people waiting. It was clear that we wouldnt be able to join the bus waiting there, so I asked the teravission personnel what time was the next one. He shouted at me indicating that I should go to some office to exchange my ticket for a number. He was extremely rude to everyone, sending confused people into a certain direction, so there was quite a crowd running around, having no idea what was going on. When we found the office, we got allocated time of departure. I thought fine- at least I dont have to stand in the line. However, the time of departure is completely random. My card said 9 o`clock, but we were not allowed into the bus which left at 9. Neither were we allowed into the 3 following buses leaving for the airport. There was no explanation provided, the guy just shouted at everyone.

The buses were cca 2 hours late and the personnel was a complete nightmare shouting at people and not explaining what was going on. If he said- "look, we are running late, so the first buses arriving will take people with the following times....", everyone would understand. Instead majority of the people had no clue why they werent allowed on the bus, what was going to happen and there was noone to explain why they were going to miss their plane. I cannot remember seeing anyone calmly waiting. The whole crowd was furious- avoid using this service!

Rome, Italy
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Terravision

Dear Martina65423,

We're very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the Rome service. We pride ourselves on providing a dependable service, and it is very uncommon that the long delays you describe occur. When services are delayed, we communicate service updates to all passengers as soon as possible. We are very sorry that there was a lack of communication. Please trust that we will be looking deeper into the matter to ensure a dependable trip for all our customers. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience so that we can continue to improve, and again, our sincere apologies.

Launceston...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Terravision

Terravision are much cheaper than the Leonardo Express (train) but think carefully before taking this option. Here's our bad experience.

After booking from Australia, our next VISA statement showed that we had been deducted TWICE, yet I only authorised payment once. It took two weeks to get that refunded, and only after I sent a copy of our VISA statement, proving my claim. Terravision gave no explanation as to how on earth that happened.

During our journey, my husband became ill and we looked like needing to change our travel arrangements. I wrote to Terravision to cancel the bus tickets with them and requested a refund. They replied ... "They don't refund." (I'm not sure that was particularly clear in the advance publicity touting to sell the tickets.)

In the end, we stayed with our original itinery and used the Terravision bus tickets. BUT .... the bus we'd booked on didn't show up - at all - so by the time the next scheduled one arrived, there was a crowd of some 60 tired, anxious and irritated travellers. There were no gates to channel customers in order of arrival and the Terravision representative did little to advise (nor apologise) to the crowd as to what was happening. It was push and shove scrum and was not impressive. We will never use them again.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Terravision

I've used Terravision from Termini to Caimpino airport on 7 June 2014 at 7pm. First time I've used this bus service and it will be the last, it chaotic and the staff are very unhelpful and rude.

They told us to put our luggage to the luggage compartment before we can board the coach. But what I don't understand why the driver have to open both side of the luggage compartment and yet no one is guarding the other side. As far as I'm concern it is their duty to over see our luggage at that moment while we wait for the coach to depart. We arrived at the airport approximately 7:40pm and I could not find my luggage. It is clear its been stolen, I have tried to tell the driver but he is so rude he just keeps shouting at me.

So I went straight to the police and when I got back to UK. I've reported the incident to Terravision and they refuse to take responsibility that they are negligent of their duty.

Do not use this coach company unless you want your luggage to be stolen. They are basically giving away your luggage to the thieves!!

Search the internet you will find a lot of victims and complaints about this coach company.

Edited: 25 June 2014, 21:59
London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Terravision

They are incompetent if you search the net you'll find so many people have missed their flight and their luggage stolen. I think its time to get the watchdog or the press involve....

This is the article from the Guardian in 2007...... Terravision founder and managing director Fabio Petroni was chairman of Rome's main public transport operator, Trambus, until 2002 when he was removed by city authorities who reported him for alleged misappropriation of funds.

10. Re: Terravision

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 07:17