We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP PLEASE! Need to get to vatican by 06.30AM-

Kent England
Level Contributor
64 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
HELP PLEASE! Need to get to vatican by 06.30AM-

Hi all you knowlegeable peeps!

As a surprise 30th birthday present I am VERY shortly taking my daughter to Rome for 3 days. I have already booked via the well known tour company out there the Vatican which includes breakfast in the courtyard there which sounds superb. However, I need to be at the steps by the Vatican by 06.30-06.40AM and am wondering if somebody could advise me the best and quickest way to get there.

We shall be staying at "Amalfi Hotel". I know this is only 10 minutes from the Termini Station and also am aware that there is a Metro which is also about 15 minutes walk away from the location I need to be at. However, do you think it would be prudent to order a taxi from the hotel to get to this location at this time; are they able to park almost at the destination I require at this time of the morning????

Many thanks in advance for any replies which are truly appreciated.

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP PLEASE! Need to get to vatican by 06.30AM-

You'd better call a taxi, definitely.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,765 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP PLEASE! Need to get to vatican by 06.30AM-

Which steps at the Vatican are you talking about? The ones going into St. Peter's? If yes, then a taxi is probably the best solution because they drop you right at St. Peter's square. If you need to go to the museums I would just take the metro. At that time of morning they won't be terribly crowded and the ride from the termini shouldn't be more than 15 minutes.

Donna

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP PLEASE! Need to get to vatican by 06.30AM-

Taxi is your only real option.

B.

Kent England
Level Contributor
64 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP PLEASE! Need to get to vatican by 06.30AM-

BIG THANK YOU to you all for your prompt replies. Just wanted to make sure my daughters surprise is all good with no problems/delays. Thanx all.

Richardson, Texas
Level Contributor
93 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP PLEASE! Need to get to vatican by 06.30AM-

Hi! We also had to meet at 6:30 for a Early Vatican/Sistine Tour. Our meeting spot was on the steps across the street from the Vatican Entrance not the steps in St. Peters square. You may want to double check as there is a big difference. We haven't heard about the breakfast tour, let us know your review when you return. Thank you. Enjoy!

Richardson, Texas
Level Contributor
93 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP PLEASE! Need to get to vatican by 06.30AM-

Forgot to mention that we took a taxi. Worked out well for us.

san francisco
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP PLEASE! Need to get to vatican by 06.30AM-

Oh yes, a taxi for sure. Have a wonderful time.

Kent England
Level Contributor
64 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP PLEASE! Need to get to vatican by 06.30AM-

Hi

Will defo let you know upon return! Having looked it is the steps by the Vatican Museum entrance. Think I shall definitely order a taxi from the hotel. Vatican breakfast and combined tour only started up this May I believe - 5* reviews so far tho!!

9. Re: HELP PLEASE! Need to get to vatican by 06.30AM-

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2014, 05:17