We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for good tour companies

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Suggestions for good tour companies

Hi guys,

Looking for suggestions for a good tour company to book the following -

-- Colosseum, palatine hill and roman forum tour

-- Vatican, st peters and Sistine chapel tour

-- Rome by night walking tour

-- tour to pisa from Florence

-- Milan city tour

-- Venice gondola rides, murano burano visit

Thanks!

New Delhi, India
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for good tour companies

I'd like to add another question here. Does the colosseum ticket available on the official website include a guide? Or is it just a ticket to allow entry?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,822 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for good tour companies

The colosseum website offers tickets and two different tours. The entry tickets do not include any tours but there is a tour of the main levels offered as well as a tour of the underground/third tier. All of these options include entry into the forum and palatine hill (no tour of those included). If you want tours of those sites you can sign up the day of visit at their ticket office. Tours are 5 euros each.

For the Vatican I would just book with the official site:

…vatican.va/musei/tickets/do…

For Pisa, I would just take the train to Pisa and do it yourself or pick up a guide once there. It's a very easy trip to make.

Donna

New Delhi, India
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for good tour companies

Hey Donna

I get your point. But would do the tours that form at their ticket office involve a lot of wait? Are they good enough?

I tried booking with the vatican website, but they don't have the tickets available for the date that we want (25th July morning). What do you suggest now?

Thankyou!

Indiana
Level Contributor
796 posts
434 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for good tour companies

We all have our preferences. Mine is Silvia at "A Friend in Rome." Below is a link to my review of her company. If you visit "Things to Do" and click activities, you will see lots of different tour companies and reviews. I tend to rely on the reviews from long time TripAdvisor members. Good luck and have fun in Rome.

This is my review of her tour company.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187791-d200…

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,822 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for good tour companies

If you book via the colosseum website you pick a specific time for the tour. You show up just before the tour starts so there is no waiting around for the tour to fill up. The tours are very good and give great information. I don't know what you consider "good enough" but I have always found them educational and entertaining.

Just went to the Vatican website and they have tours available on July 25th for the museums and chapel. You can book a free tour of the basilica once there.

donna

New Delhi, India
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for good tour companies

I finally booked my vatican tour tickets from their official website. When I had checked them earlier, they weren't available. And I'm convinced to book the official colosseum tickets online now.

Thankyou so much everyone!

Donna, you are being such great help to thousands of people!

Edited: 14 July 2013, 16:43
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,822 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions for good tour companies

Glad things are working out for you. Have a great time.

donna

8. Re: Suggestions for good tour companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 05:19