We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hydrofoils- Naples-Palermo

Detroit, Michigan
2 posts
Save Topic
Hydrofoils- Naples-Palermo

Is there a way to stop en route from Naples to Palermo and spend a few hours in Capri or anywhere along the Almafi Coast and then continue on. I am assuming not, that it would require completely separate tickets but thought one of you well traveled folks might know better. I will have a car too....

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
101,986 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hydrofoils- Naples-Palermo

Welcome to Sicily Jennifer C!

All transport to Sicily is via Naples or Salerno - There is no service between Capri and Sicily, or between the Amalfi Coast and Sicily.

You could however depart Naples and arrive in Sicily via the Aeolian Islands.

Vagabonda

Detroit, Michigan
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hydrofoils- Naples-Palermo

Thanks so much! I did look into all of that but with the car and an 89 year old traveler, it seems virtually impossible. One more thing....Can you verify that there are only 'Daytime' crossings from Naples to Palermo and only on Friday & Saturday. I was thinking we could drive to the Amalfi Coast ( I know scary driving and no parking) and take the ferry from Salerno but I have found them to be very limited and only at night. Any help would be appreciated!

Jennifer

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hydrofoils- Naples-Palermo

There are DAYTIME ferry crossings between Naples and Palermo on Grandi Navi Veloci (GNV) during the peak of the summer season, usually on WEEKENDS.

www.gnv.it

You must look at the specific travel date to verify whether a daytime crossing is scheduled. Otherwise, there are daily OVERNIGHT crossings on both GNV and competitor Tirrenia Lines.

www.tirrenia.it

From SALERNO to Palermo there is a MONDAY DAYLIGHT ferry crossing as well as a FRIDAY OVERNIGHT crossing:

grimaldi-lines.com/en/orari-salerno-palermo.…

On the DAYLIGHT crossings, you don't need to book a cabin, nor for that matter even a reclining seat. There are unreserved seats in the public areas and lounges. If you want a guaranteed seat, you can book a recliner.

4. Re: Hydrofoils- Naples-Palermo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 06:18