We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help plz!!

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Romford, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Help plz!!

Hi ya!! In need of a rome expert!! If anyone could advise on what are the must see's of rome for a 3 day trip.

Ive got:

Underground tour of colosseum

Vatican city

Pope on sunday?

Trevi fountain

Spanish steps

Sistine chapel

Is there anything else that I really MUST see when in Rome?

Also when is the best time? Prices? And where to get tickets for all of these?

I am arriving on sat 21st sept am and leaving tues 24th sept am. I am staying near the colloseum.

Thanks

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help plz!!

How about Palatine Hill and Roman Forum.

Piazza Navona

Pantheon

Campo de' Fiori

Galleria Borghese ( advance booking required)

Vittorio Emanuele II Monument

All these can be easily combined with your already chosen ones to make an easy way to visit Rome's popular places to see.

Enjoy Rome!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,736 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help plz!!

You really should get a guidebook so you can decide what is a "must see" for you - the guidebook also provides background and history on the sites which, I would think, would be something you would want to know about when visiting sites that are thousands of years old.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,196 posts
618 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help plz!!

Your "must sees" may not be the same as someone else's, depending on your specific interests. Here are some sample three day itineraries to give you some ideas:

ricksteves.com/plan/…rome3.htm

frommers.com/destinations/…0064010007.html

tripadvisor.com/Guide-g187791-l292-Rome_Lazi…

reidsitaly.com/destinations/lazio/rome/sight…

You need to do some research and planning as to what you want to see and how to do it efficiently since you only have 3 days. For the Colosseum, here's the website: www.coopculture.it/en/ticket.cfm… And here's the one for the Vatican Museums (which includes the Sistine Chapel): http://mv.vatican.va/3_EN/pages/MV_Home.html I would recommend booking these tickets in advance as September is busy in Rome. You will also need reservations for Galleria Borghese if that is one of your "must sees." The TA "Things to do in Rome" can give you more ideas as well.

Several of the sights you mentioned (Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain) are free and can be done in the evenings while strolling and enjoying the city. The same for strolling some of the wonderful piazzas, such as Piazza Navona or Piazza del Popolo. Pop into some of the beautiful churches where you can, such as the Pantheon.

As you are staying near the Colosseo and I saw your prior post about night life, I'd definitely plan a night strolling through the nearby Monti district, which is a fun and happening area. Everyone ends up at Piazza della Madonna dei Monti and there are lots of reasonably priced wine bars and restaurants in the area. Here are some articles:

guardian.co.uk/travel/2012/mar/08/rome-monti…

nytimes.com/2011/…

revealedrome.com/2013/03/national-geographic…

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help plz!!

Cool thanks 4 ur replies :-)

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,259 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help plz!!

Hello S 1984,

Go to the "Things to Do" tab at the top of this screen and click on it. Or, click on this which will take you to the same place: tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g187791-Activiti…

This is a list of things to do in Rome listed in approximate order of popularity. This list is based on input from thousands of tripadvisor users. It is a great resource. All you need to know is there.

Spirit

6. Re: Help plz!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 06:17