We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling to La Pargola restaurant

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
297 reviews
Save Topic
travelling to La Pargola restaurant

Hello all,

My husband & I are dining at La Pargola on our first night in Rome.

We are planning on getting public transport their and a taxi back (Hotel Solis). I have been looking at google maps. Balduina looks to be the closest train station but appiano proba petronia looks easier to drive from. We hope to get a cab from the train station to the hotel. Are there cabs outside most train stations? Do we need to get on the FR3 train from Ostiense? It looks like these trains run once an hour, is that right?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a bit worried seen as it on our first night and we won't have got our bearing by then.

Thanks all.

rome
Level Contributor
2,197 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling to La Pargola restaurant

ride a metro and then take a cab? won't make any sense, not worth the hassle (riding two metros, getting off cipro and taking a cab is tiresome *and* costs). if you are budgeting, take the bus (from your hotel walk down to fori imperiali and take the 87 or 186, change to 913 at vittoria colonna, walk 300 meters up the hill). or take a taxi esp considering you will be dressed nicely - should be 15-20 euros going, return a bit more expensive as it will be night tariff after 10:30pm.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling to La Pargola restaurant

Think your right. We'll just get a cab.

Thank you

3. Re: travelling to La Pargola restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 05:18