We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colosseum Tours

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Colosseum Tours

Hi there

Can anyone give me some advice please?

We want to skip the queues at the Colosseum and also have an actual guide rather than an audio set.

Does anyone know if the English Guided Tour (18.5 euro's) on the Omniticket site is an actual guide. I'm presuming from that site that the guide (audio or real) is only for the Colosseum itself and not also the Roman Forum and the Palatine.

We have seen a tour with Smart Cruises for 25.5 euro's which seems to cover a guide at all three venue's but again it isn't clear if it is a guide or just audio sets.

We would like to experience the enthusiasm and knowledge of an actual guide so if anyone knows if on either of these tours it is a person who walks with you we would be grateful.

Thanks, Phil.

Alexandria, VA USA
Level Contributor
587 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colosseum Tours

We booked our Colosseum tour with Dark Rome Tours. It was expensive, but worth it to have such a knowledgeable guide. It included the underground, the Forum and Palentine Hill in addition to the Colosseum.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colosseum Tours

Hi Alexandria

Thanks for replying, I really appreciate it.

I've checked them out and they sound like a great company. But with two kids in tow that is sadly above our budget. Glad you enjoyed them though and thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Phil.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,765 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colosseum Tours

The two tours listed on the official colosseum website are actual tours with a guide and not audio guides. These tours don't include tours of the forum or palatine hill. You can book tours of those two sites once you get there directly at the site. These cost 5 euros each.

Donna

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Colosseum Tours

Hi Donna

Thanks that's fantastic.

We had booked the official website tickets and were hoping for the best, so that's great news to us.

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

All the best to you, Phil.

5. Re: Colosseum Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 05:18