We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothes and Weather

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
O'Fallon, Missouri
Level Contributor
45 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Clothes and Weather

My spouse and I will be spending 4 nights each in Florence, Rome, and Sorrento arriving Sept 23 and leaving Oct 5. We are planning on wearing jeans during the day in Florence and Rome, so that our knees are covered. In the evenings I plan on wearing dress/skirt with a light sweater or jean jacket. We are thinking it won't be too hot for jeans this time of year? We are planning on wearing shorts and being able to swim in Sorrento. Will this type of clothing work for the typical weather that these cities experience during the end of September?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,322 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothes and Weather

Weather is never predictable - May in Campania this year was unseasonably cold. However, I was there last September/October and jeans were okay in the day and it was still warm enough to swim on the Amalfi Coast, which is near enough to Sorrento.

Mestre, Italy
Level Contributor
6,605 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothes and Weather

Normally it's still warm

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clothes and Weather

you would need to check the weather a week before you leave to know what to pack.

O'Fallon, Missouri
Level Contributor
45 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clothes and Weather

Thanks for the information. I realize that weather is unpredictable but I was trying to get a general idea so I could buy clothes if I needed them.

Viera, Florida
Level Contributor
901 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clothes and Weather

In 2011 we were in Rome Sept 24-29th and it was 82 degrees which was warm for that time of year. Would have been too hot during the day to wear jeans. The nights cooled down to 60's so jeans were fine. Again weather can be unpredictable. Was there March this year and was very cold and rainy. You just have to watch and plan the week before.

6. Re: Clothes and Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 06:19