We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A nice hotel in Rome with easy access to Termini Station.

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
A nice hotel in Rome with easy access to Termini Station.

I will be visiting Rome for the first time in October, arriving at noon on October 15th and taking a flight out on October 19th at 8 am. I plan to take a day trip on a fast train to Venice on 17th. I would like to take in as much as I can on this short trip.

I am looking for a nice hotel/accommodation with decent size room, attached bath, internet, and breakfast with easy access to Airport(FCO), Termini Station(for Venice trip) and local transit in Rome. My budget is about USD 100 a day for the accommodation. I'm travelling alone.

Any suggestions are welcome. Also, should I wait till later to book the hotel or is it a good idea to book it now. I am a Platinum Elite member of IHG (Holiday Inn) rewards but I find that either their prices are high or their location does not seem to be convenient.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,488 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A nice hotel in Rome with easy access to Termini Station.

Your budget is pretty low for Rome, especially with all your requirements. October is still considered high season; prices don't go down until November, after the All Saints holiday.

There are lots of budget hotels in the Termini station area, which is convenient not only for a trip to Venice, but also for transportation to the airport. The earliest train from Termini station to the airport leaves Termini station at 5:52, arriving at the airport at 6:23, which is late for an 8 AM flight. However, there are also buses (Terravision and SITbus) that leave from Termini station. You can also get a taxi for a flat rate of 48 euros.

I use www.booking.com or www.venere.com to find hotels in Rome. Both allow you to select a neighborhood (Termini, for example), and then you can sort the list by price or by guest rating. The guest rating is more reliable as a mark of overall quality than the number of stars. Read the guest reviews before making a final decision.

You give your location as Surrey, but you mention US dollars as your currency. If you're flying directly to the US on a US carrier, you should be at the airport three hours before your flight. If you're flying to the UK, or if your flight has a transfer elsewhere in Europe, two hours is sufficient.

Edited: 28 July 2013, 20:46
Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A nice hotel in Rome with easy access to Termini Station.

Thank you bvlenci. I am from Canada and I mentioned US money as it is a common denominator and there is not too much difference between the US and Canadian exchange rate. I shall be flying out of FCO to Vancouver, Canada with British Airways connecting through London.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,488 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A nice hotel in Rome with easy access to Termini Station.

Two hours should be sufficient then. The earliest train is still too late, so I'd look into one of the buses.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A nice hotel in Rome with easy access to Termini Station.

Grazie!

Washington, DC USA
Level Contributor
136 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A nice hotel in Rome with easy access to Termini Station.

Hello -

We are headed to Rome in August and I ended up booking something else near the Trevi Fountain that was better for our family of four to share a suite instead of the two rooms that I secured at a place on Via Cavour not far from the Colosseum and the Termini - called Downtown Accomodation - http://www.downtownaccomodation.com/

I initially chose it due to great reviews, recent renovations, and very nice management when I inquired.

It gets good reviews from TA - tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187791-d506221…

I got a good rate for a double room with it's own bath maybe a little over your budget- though this was months in advance and was for August and not October. Isabella and Lorenzo were very nice to deal with and my cancellation was handled with class. They also had a place to offer much closer to the Termini that was even less expensive.

Best of luck.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A nice hotel in Rome with easy access to Termini Station.

Thank you, DC. I am looking at Aphrodite hotel just a few meters from Termini averaging about 144 per night. Let's see.

Edited: 31 July 2013, 17:45
Washington, DC USA
Level Contributor
136 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A nice hotel in Rome with easy access to Termini Station.

ok.

I would certainly email downtownaccomodation and B&B Smart owners - Isa and Lorenzo - to get a quote. they were so nice and they get such great reviews - we just didn't end up choosing them but they sound very attentive.

good luck!

http://www.bandbromeitaly.com/

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187791-d506220…

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A nice hotel in Rome with easy access to Termini Station.

Will do. Thanks.

9. Re: A nice hotel in Rome with easy access to Termini Station.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 06:21