We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Capri from Rome

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
116 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Capri from Rome

Hi,

I am thinking to do a day trip to Capri from Rome and was wondering if anyone can recommend an agency to do it with. I have planned all my trip by myself but since it will be a full day and want to say time I think for this excursionthe best way to do it is with a tour guide. Any recommendation will be appreciated!

Also, do you think Capri is much better than doing Pompeii? I only have one day lelf in my itinery so I can't do both and so far Capri seems more my cup of tea :)

Thanks,

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,506 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Capri from Rome

Just take a fast train from Rome to Naples and then the ferry or hydrofoil from Naples to Capri - you don't need an agency to do this trip. You can book your ticket from Rome to Naples online in advance to see if you can get a discounted ticket but if you do this, be sure of your date/time of travel as the discounted tickets have strict terms/conditions re: changing/missing train - basically, if you miss the train, you lose the ticket altogether.

Personally, I wouldn't buy that ticket in advance because you don't know what the weather may be like - if it is raining, you probably wouldn't want to go. Up to you. Use www.trenitalia.com - put in station names Roma Termini and Napoli Centrale and a low number like 6 to get a full day's schedule. They run pretty often and only take 70 minutes.

Personally, I think it is too long of a day trip but if you really want to go, you could do it.

www.capri.net for the ferry/hydrofoil schedules - no need to buy in advance; just buy at the port in Naples.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
116 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Capri from Rome

thank you!

Salmiyah, Kuwait
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Capri from Rome

hi Check out this site. Odessey tours. They have full day turs. Recetly did overnight tours with them. It was okay.

roma
Level Contributor
87 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Capri from Rome

Pompei and capri are two different kind of travel, depend if you prefer the story or the scenery. In general is more easy a day trip in pompei, is nearest and don't needs ferry. But if you really want to understand the place you have to take a local giude. For capri you have to travel at least for three hours.

For a day trip you can also choose Sorrento.

this link could be useful for capri

http://www.capri.com/en/getting-here

5. Re: Day trip to Capri from Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 05:17