We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reception in Rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida...
4 posts
Save Topic
Reception in Rome

Travelers,

My fiance and I have made the decision that we are going to have our wedding in Rome in the summer of 2014 and I am looking for some advice on a good place to host our reception. The plan right now is to have the ceremony around 6:30 to 7:30 PM with a reception to follow at around 8:00 PM. We are looking for a place that fits the following criteria.

* Must have private dining accommodations available for up to 16 guests;

* Must have a staff that can speak English as there will be some guests who cannot speak Italian

* I want people to eat and drink to their hearts content so I am not looking for a place that is extremely fancy and serves what I call tasting portions

* Budget is $3,500

I would like it to be as close to the Colosseum and the Forum as possible.

Thanks,

DZ

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,245 posts
619 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reception in Rome

We were married in Rome some years ago and had our wedding reception at a little place on a quiet piazza near Piazza Venezia an the Capitoline -- http://www.latavernadegliamici.net -- nothing fancy but very, very charming! The food was very good (and not tasting portions), and we had simple green wine jugs with spring flowers for the decoration. They took good care of us and it was lovely.

Edited: 04 August 2013, 21:32
2. Re: Reception in Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 06:19