We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Holiday:)

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First Holiday:)

Good morning all

I posted this on the Florence Forum and I am not sure if it has to be posted on the Rome Forum as well. Im a newbie, so please accept my apologies.

My husband and I are going on our vist holiday to Italy in mid September this year. This is also our first holiday out of South Africa together and we are very excited. All our flights and accomodations have been paid for. We will be in Florence from the17 to 21 September and Rome from 21 September to 25 September.

Since the South African rand is low against the euro, we are already on a budget, would it be possible please to get some idea of what the costs are like? Prices of pizza or a slice thereof? We are working on a budget of 76 euros per person. We want to do some sightseeing like the Duomo, Uffuzi, Colosseum, Pantheon and Trevi fountain. Is this doable? Our accomodation, flights and breakfast daily have already been paid.

Thank you:)

Swas

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,735 posts
620 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Holiday:)

If the 76 euros is for lunch, dinner, local transportation, and museum entry per day, you will be fine (you said your hotel and breakfast were included). If you are saying it is 76 euros for all 4 days, that's really low! Here's some good info on eating well and enjoying Rome on a budget: www.parlafood.com/visit-rome-on-a-budget/ and parlafood.com/budget-dining-in-rome-revised/

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: First Holiday:)

Hi

Sorry, I was a bit ambiguous there:) I meant 76 euros per person per day:) Is that fine? Thank you for your help:)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Holiday:)

76 is well above what you need to survive in Italy.

Remember, many young adults travel through Europe. So in theory, you could possibly eat on 10-15 euros a day...leaving the rest for attractions.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: First Holiday:)

Hi Stefan, thank you. I feel much better. :)

5. Re: First Holiday:)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 05:16