We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfer please help rome cabs unavailable

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MIDLANDS
Level Contributor
23 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transfer please help rome cabs unavailable

We will be arriving in rome shortly and unfortunately rome cabs are unavailable can anyone recommend another transfer company many thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfer please help rome cabs unavailable

You could just grab an official taxi right outside of the airport at the official taxi rank; price will be 48 euros flat fare to anywhere inside the city walls. Just be sure not to take a ride from anyone approaching you asking if yu want a taxi - inside or outside - just head to the official rank - it is right outside.

I have read here that http://www.romeshuttlelimousine.com is also very good and reliable (I haven't taken them yet but likely will use next time instead of Romecabs because they are less pricey) -

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,409 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfer please help rome cabs unavailable

There are plenty of reliable transfer services in Rome. The only one we've ever used was Rome Shuttle Limousine (mentioned above, and we were very happy with their services). However, I'm certain that they and Rome Cabs are not the only reliable services in the city.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,001 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfer please help rome cabs unavailable

Bvlenci, i've booked Rome Shuttle Limousine for the first time, glad you have found them reliable. i'm just a little concerned as their correspondence is very brief, all I have is a one line emai that says:

" Hello, yes that is ok, our driver will be there to pick you up"

Don't feel very confident with it, no official confirmation voucher with times dates etc. Do you think this will be ok ?

Thanks

Edited: 06 August 2013, 07:56
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,287 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transfer please help rome cabs unavailable

It should be fine. And if they don't turn up, there are always many taxis available.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,001 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transfer please help rome cabs unavailable

Sydneynick, we only have a one way booking from our hotel to the airport early morning, and we have booked a van with Rome Shuttle Limousine, hope it will be fine.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,287 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport transfer please help rome cabs unavailable

Sorry, I misunderstood your plans.

But you are dealing direct with the company that will be providing the service. There is no need for a voucher or the other paperwork that would be needed if you booked through an agency.

Edited: 06 August 2013, 08:20
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,001 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport transfer please help rome cabs unavailable

True, I agree Sydneynick. I'm just being a little pedantic. I'll stop worrying :-)

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,409 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport transfer please help rome cabs unavailable

I don't think their correspondence with us was very verbose, either. But they were very reliable, in both directions.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,001 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport transfer please help rome cabs unavailable

Thanks Bvlenci, feel a bit more confident now.

10. Re: Airport transfer please help rome cabs unavailable

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 06:20