We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spanish steps

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Llandudno Junction...
11 posts
Save Topic
Spanish steps

I have only just realised how high the steps go......is there anything to see at the top as I am not very good on steps would give it a good try if there was something of interest at the top

Ann

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,414 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spanish steps

At the top, you can walk to the entrance to the Villa Borghese gardens, which are certainly worth a visit. Just turn left at the top of the steps and keep walking, with the Villa Borghese wall on your right and great views over Rome on your left, until you reach the entrance.

There is an elevator inside the Spagna metro station that will take you to the top. I think, but I'm not 100% sure, that you can access the elevator even if you haven't used the metro.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,086 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spanish steps

The elevator goes "almost" to the top.... about one floors worth of stairs to walk.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spanish steps

We had to walk up the Spanish Steps (didnt know then about elevator) as that was where our tour bus was waiting for us. It took a while (I'm unsteady on my feet), but wanted to do it, always wanted to see them, the views are beautiful from the top! You can walk up a few then rest.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,201 posts
618 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spanish steps

The Chiesa di Trinità dei Monti is at the top, worth going in as quite pretty and usually a relaxing spot. And of the course the gorgeous views. If you don't want to walk the stairs, there's a rather steep street going up to the top, off to one side -- Via Gregoriana. At #30 is the Monster House, Palazzetto Zuccaro, where the house is a giant face -- worth seeing, fun and beautiful!

Llandudno Junction...
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Spanish steps

Thank you for all the quick replies Ann x

6. Re: Spanish steps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 07:18