We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colosseum Night Tours

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
187 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Colosseum Night Tours

Does anyone have experience with the Colosseum night tours? I will be in Rome on a Thursday in October when this is available. Would you recommend this over a morning tour? If so, why?

Thanks.

81 replies to this topic
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
34,551 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colosseum Night Tours

I haven't done them simply because the entry does not include entry into the forum and palatine hill like the regular entry tour/tickets do. It's considered a special event which is just the entry and tour of the colosseum.

Donna

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colosseum Night Tours

Hi,

I have seen the Colosseum several years before in daylight. It was not a guided tour and the underground section wasn't open at that time. I plan to see it in night this time.

I feel if it's first time it'd be better to see it in daylight first including a guided tour of the underground level.

The night tour is relatively more expensive ( 20 Euro). It includes underground ,but does not include the top tier, lasts only about 30 minutes and you just can't wander around like the day time visits.

But big advantage is small group size of 25 people only and there are about 4 tours every night compared to thousands of people in daytime.

You need a tripod or very steady hands with high ISO setting in camera to get decent shots. Have a read here to get an idea of the visit at nighttime with very good handheld shots, albeit processed:

catchthejiffy.com/2012/…

Hope this helps. I'll post a review later.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
187 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colosseum Night Tours

thanks Supratik for your insights -insightful. this will be my first visit and while the views at night look spectacular, i think the daytime underground tour is the preferred approach.

Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Colosseum Night Tours

Hi guys,

anyone knows if the colosseum night tour timings?

does the E20 stated on the website includes a guided tour? if so, how long is e tour? thanks!

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
34,551 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Colosseum Night Tours

The only information says about tour times is 8:20 through midnight. You'll need to call for more information about specific times and duration. These tours are only given on Thursdays and Saturdays.

Donna

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Colosseum Night Tours

Where do you find information about the Colosseum night tours?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Colosseum Night Tours

Keep checking Coopculture website. Nothing showing now but should have some info from Spring time.

www.coopculture.it/en/heritage.cfm?id=2#

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Colosseum Night Tours

Is Rome-museum.com a trusted site to buy from? They seem to have on-line tickets for the night tours.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
34,551 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Colosseum Night Tours

I haven't used them but you can call the same number for the official site to book these tours. If you book through the site you list you'll pay an additional 6 euros per person.

+39 06 399 67 700

Donna

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Colosseum Night Tours

Second Donna.

Why pay extra to avoid a 5 minute phone call ? The person at the end of the line spoke reasonable English, took all my details correctly and gave me a reference number. I actually booked it twice as couldn't make it on the first night. Absoultely no problem on both occasions.

Showed them the reference number at the entrance and then proceeded to buy the ticket and had a great tour with a very nice lady as the guide.

Reply to: Colosseum Night Tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted