We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Rome to Florence

Baltimore, Maryland...
Level Contributor
240 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
From Rome to Florence

Getting off the plane from USA at FCO. What is the best way, least complicated/direct way to get to Florence (Firenze Santa Maria Novella Station). I don't think I can get a train from the airport to Florence. I think I have to go to Rome's Termini station first then catch a train. I would like to avoid having to go to Rome's Tiburtina Station, because if I take a bus from FCO, it drops me off at Termini, not tiburtina.

Thanks

LB

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,325 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Rome to Florence

You can take the Leonardo Express from FCO to Termini, or the FR1 suburban service from FCO to Tiburtina. From either of these stations, you can take a fast train to Florence.

See www.trenitalia.com clicking the UK flag to change to English, and www.italotreno.it/EN

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,600 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Rome to Florence

You can also fly Rome to Florence ... anything from 60 euros to 150. Takes an hour. Not actually much of a time saver really if you include waiting times but an option.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,918 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Rome to Florence

If flight schedule works in your favor, and you are able to get the FCO to Florence flight under the same booking, then flying isn't a bad a idea at all. You might not have saved any time, but you won't have to drag your bags around until you reach Florence.

Otherwise, follow sydneynick's suggestion. I have done the journey in reverse before and it's no big deal. You can buy your train tickets all the way to Florence at FCO.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Rome to Florence

I would also look at flights as you will be at the airport anyway, check out a through ticket from the USA to Florence, coming back from Rome if that's where your trip ends.

www.skyscanner.com

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
11,494 posts
561 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Rome to Florence

Trains from Fiumicino to Tiburtina (the line FR1) are very frequent and easy to take.

6. Re: From Rome to Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 07:18