We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banks - Atm

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Banks - Atm

What are the big named banks in Rome that have many ATM machines around the city?

I need to withdraw some Euros when I arrive.. I'll be staying on via Modena 5, 00184 Rome.

A couple of recommendations around my hotel would be great.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Modena
Modena
Province of Modena, Italy
Appia Antica Resort
Appia Antica Resort
#1 of 1,267 hotels in Rome
Nerva Boutique Hotel
Nerva Boutique Hotel
#7 of 1,267 hotels in Rome
Albergo del Senato
Albergo del Senato
#10 of 1,267 hotels in Rome
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
93,853 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banks - Atm

There are ATMs everywhere, all run by banks. There is no need to look for any particular bank: they all give the same exchange rate and do not charge fees for ATM withdrawals.

The only fees will come from your bank. Check how much they will be. If they seem excessive, open a Citibank Plus account, which has no fees for overseas withdrawals.

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banks - Atm

Thanks for the reply @sydneynick.

I'll be using 28 degrees credit card which have no fees for international transactions & overseas withdrawals.

I just want to stick to big named banks (like our ANZ, NAB, Comm Bank etc) JUST in case..

Some brand associations would be great.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,870 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banks - Atm

Kai,

See http://www.visa.com/atmlocator/index.jsp#(page:results,params:(query:'rome, italy'))

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
93,853 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Banks - Atm

All the banks in Italy are reputable, and there is no need to pick and choose.

Just like in Australia you can trust Bendigo Bank just as much as you can trust the Commonwealth.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,658 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Banks - Atm

I like to use ATM machines that are attached to a bank and use it when the bank (I don't care which bank - doesn't matter) because if my card gets mangled or sucked into the machine, at least I can go inside the bank to sort it out - of course, nothing like that has ever happened but it's my only little way of doing what I can to prevent an unnecessary hassle if something unexpected were to happen.

A google search will turn up the banks in Italy if you need to know. I'm drawing a blank as, again, I don't pay much attention to which one I use.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Melbourne...
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Banks - Atm

@sydneynick I'm sure they all are but I just want some names.. I know Bendigo bank is fine, just like Comm bank because we as locals have brand association with both of them. But where I live/work, I see way more Comm Banks than Bendigo bank, in fact I can only think of 1 branch so far. So if I were to go to bank to open an account/withdraw money, I'd be more incline to do it with Comm Bank over Bendigo because I see multiple branches and advertising everywhere local to me.

Appreciate all the advice re fees and methods/way of withdrawing.. I've done those research.

I just needed a short list of banks in Rome, that is all.

Thanks @travelsitaly I'll look at that link a bit later.

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
93,853 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Banks - Atm

There is no "short list" of ATMs in Rome: there are thousands of them. I repeat: all banks operating in Italy (and throughout Europe) are reliable and there is no need to be concerned about which ATM to use.

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
Europe
Europe
World
8. Re: Banks - Atm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 18:21
Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Banks - Atm

You can get euro from the ATMs outside customs in the arrivals building at the airport. Very handy. Choose your language. Very simple instructions. Easy to use. There is also a Tourist Information office there in Terminal 3 which I presume is the terminal you will arrive at.

Have a great stay!

Spirit

10. Re: Banks - Atm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 05:17