We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We are a family of 5 visiting Rome for 4 days

Wolverhampton...
1 post
Save Topic
We are a family of 5 visiting Rome for 4 days

How many euro's should I take with me considering my hotel is booked including bed & breakfast. Transfers to and from hotel have been paid for too so really just need euro's for the food,Roma passes,buses,gifts .We are 4 adults and a 14 year old.

Mentioned in this post
Roma Boutique Hotel
Roma Boutique Hotel
651 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
7,199 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We are a family of 5 visiting Rome for 4 days

Hard question. It all depends on which sites you plan to see- some are free but some are more expensive, especially when multiplied by five people. Do you want to do any tours, or are you happy to explore on your own with a good guide book?

The advice from this forum seems to be that the Roma Pass does not really offer great value for money unless you use an awful lot of public transport. So perhaps skip buying that unless your hotel is far from the centre, and purchase tickets online in advance for the more popular sites, such as the Vatican & Colosseum . This will help you control budget and save waiting in long queues to buy tickets.

Again, not very expensive sites at say 7€ per person, of which you may choose to visit a few, stack up when multiplied by five. Use a guide book to start figuring out the cost of the places you want to see.

Food is usually the biggest expense. I'd guess that for a snack lunch, dinner and a few refreshments during the day, you'd need around 50€ per person. It all depends what you want- you could spend much more on lunch and dinner, or you could economise by buying some picnic lunches, use free water from fountains instead of cafe refreshments, etc.

Whatever you decide, do not take all your money in cash. Use ATM's or get a prepaid holiday money card.

Mentioned in this post
Roma Boutique Hotel
Roma Boutique Hotel
651 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Vatican
Vatican
239 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Colosseum
Colosseum
120,306 Reviews
Rome, Italy
2. Re: We are a family of 5 visiting Rome for 4 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2014, 06:19