We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation to my hotel

Calgary
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
transportation to my hotel

hey everybody. i did some research and i'm sorry if i'm asking the same questions again.

I am arriving alone on august 26. option might be to take a taxi. I am staying at the Hotel Executive rome - Via Aniene, 3 00198 Rome, Italy.

my question is. is it worth it to take the train or bus to termini and then walk to this hotel? is it walkable? my flight is a 3 hour flight from helsinki so i don't think i'll be that tired. if not walkable, how much do you think a taxi would be from here?

also. is there any disadvantages of taking the FL1 to termini instead of the express?

or

should i just pay the extra and take a taxi? thanks again.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,461 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation to my hotel

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187791-d232891…

Those are the reviews and there is likely some info re: getting to the hotel

Looks pretty far to me to walk from Termini - I'd probably opt for a taxi from the airport. Or, take the train to Termini and then a taxi from it to the hotel -

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,380 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation to my hotel

"also. is there any disadvantages of taking the FL1 to termini instead of the express?"

No, only that it is slower - that is why the Leonardo Express, being non-stop, is called express. Of course, it is also cheaper, at €8 rather than €14.

The SITbus shuttle to Termini is even cheaper, at €5 (online): http://www.sitbusshuttle.com/en/

And the Terravision shuttle to Termini, even cheaper than that, at €4 (online): http://www.terravision.eu/rome_fiumicino.html

A taxi from Termini to your hotel would cost about €6, unless heavy traffic.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation to my hotel

we stayed about 4 blocks from Via Aniene and it was about a 30 minute walk from the train station, with 2 kids and 2 wheeled carry-ons. without kids maybe 20 minutes.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,051 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation to my hotel

The FR1 service does not go to Termini. It runs from FCO through Rome and then out to Orte. In Rome, it stops at Trastevere, Ostiense, Tuscolana and Tiburtina.

5. Re: transportation to my hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2014, 06:19