We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the weather like in Rome towards the end of September

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
What's the weather like in Rome towards the end of September

Hello, my friends and I will be travelling to Rome on the 27th September and we'll be staying there for 4 days, we're just wondering what would the temperature/weather be like during that time.

Would a pair of shorts be too cold for the weather during that time? Do we need jackets and scarves?

As ladies, we care about how we look when in Rome, so are there any fashion faux pas we need to know about? :)

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Thanks!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the weather like in Rome towards the end of September

The best thing would be to check out the weather a few days before you arrive but it should still be quite mild at the end of September I definitely don't think you'll need a scarf, but i would bring a sweater or light jacket for the evenings.

Mestre, Italy
Level Contributor
6,736 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the weather like in Rome towards the end of September

Normally is warm enough for shorts during the day. It may rain.

Viera, Florida
Level Contributor
901 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the weather like in Rome towards the end of September

Waa in Rome Sept 25-Oct 6 in 2011. Weather was unseasonably warm 82 in the day and 60's at night. Was there March this year and was unseasonable cold and rainy. Very unpredictable! Watch the weather forcast and take plan according to that. Pack an unbrella and the best walking shoes u have!

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the weather like in Rome towards the end of September

You can't enter churches wearing shorts.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,071 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the weather like in Rome towards the end of September

Actually, 82 degrees is not unseasonably warm. I have been in Rome at least 15 times at that time of year and have mostly had warm - sometimes hot - weather; some drizzle/rain but usually just warm.

It is a beautiful but crazy busy time to be in Rome. If you want to skip lines to the Vatican Museums (if you want to go) and the Colosseum/Forum/Palatine, buying entry tickets on line at their official websites will allow you to skip the very (very) long lines.

And, yeah - no shorts for the churches and if going to the Vatican Museums and/or St. Peter's - shoulders and knees must be covered and men are to wear slacks (jeans/whatever - just no shorts there)

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the weather like in Rome towards the end of September

You are right but I think people should know is you can't get into St. Peters Cathedral,and the rest, in Rome,if you don't have your shoulders covered.

7. Re: What's the weather like in Rome towards the end of September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2014, 06:25