We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me to find a good hotel.

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
72 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Please help me to find a good hotel.

Hoping to travel to Rome in September. I have been there before, and the hotel I stayed in was good, but entailed taking a train in order to get to the centre.

I would like to be within walking distance of the centre. I know that hotels are expensive, generally, so I really want to choose well. I will be travelling solo, so would prefer a safe neighbourhood, with restaurants etc near hotel.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,737 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help me to find a good hotel.

If you give some idea of what your budget is, people can offer some useful suggestions.

In the meantime, you could look at www.venere.com - you can sort there by budget, etc.

Take a look at a map of Rome - if you don't have yours yet - look at one on google maps and you can see where the sites are - the center of the center, so to speak are Piazza Navona, Campo de'Fiori, Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Monti, Trevi Fountain, Jewish Ghetto, parts of Trastevere - more choice of less pricey lodgings are near Roma Termini (main train station) and the Vatican. Rome is safe; you just need to use usual common sense precautions regarding your personal items as you would anywhere.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help me to find a good hotel.

We usually stay at the Starhotel Metropole, about a 10 minute walk to the Termini station, in a quite street with a few restaurants nearby and it's an ejoyable walk to the Trevi fountain and Palazzo Barberini. It dependshow busy they are but we usually find the price quite reasonable for Rome.

Dublin
Level Contributor
72 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help me to find a good hotel.

Thanks a million, both of you.

MomCat, when I visited previously, I promised myself that next time, I would try to be within walking distance of the Spanish Steps etc. I have been looking in and around Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain etc, and while the hotels are expensive, especially for the solo traveller, I can live with that, but don't want to get an inferior room, because of travelling solo, while paying well for the privilege..if that makes sense.

I will look at the one you mentioned in Termini also, thanks for that, Chrella.

Level Contributor
220 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help me to find a good hotel.

My choice for location in Rome is near the Pantheon. Safe, central and charming. A favorite hotel in that area is the Albergo Cesari.

reading, berkshire...
Level Contributor
251 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help me to find a good hotel.

The River Palace Hotel

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help me to find a good hotel.

This is where we are staying in November http://www.hotelgoldenrome.com/

It has great reviews on TA and it's near the Spanish Steps http://tinyurl.com/kfn6k7d

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help me to find a good hotel.

Look at Hotel Parlemento not too far from the Trevin Fountain and at a bus interchange

Yerevan
Level Contributor
66 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help me to find a good hotel.

We will be staying in Hotel Centrale. Dont know how the hotel is, but the reviews are not bad. Its very close to the spanish steps

Dublin
Level Contributor
72 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help me to find a good hotel.

Thanks a million, everyone, I will look up all of the hotels suggested. Really appreciate all of the suggestions and advice. 😃

Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help me to find a good hotel.

You should also take a look at booking.com. I have used it several times in different countries and also for my trip to Rome next month, I'll be staying at the Siena. You can sort by price, location, stars -which don't mean much IMO- and amenities, and I look at the reviews both on booking.com and TA and so far I have not been disappointed.

I also travel solo.

Edited: 25 August 2013, 07:25