We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italy to London - 6/9/14 - 6/30

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
178 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Italy to London - 6/9/14 - 6/30

Im planning on taking my 16 yr old daughter for a backpack trip staying at hostels landing at Pompeii, taking the train to Florence, Rome, Venice, probably Milan (expensive) for two days each place. Then going to somewhere in France for 2 days (been to Paris and London before) to then take the train to London to see relatives there for about a week and fly back to Los Angeles. I plan to stay at different hostels depending on where we are if they are available. I also want to see Switzerland if I can squeeze it in.

Any suggestion of doing this on a tight budget but still enjoy it? Right not plane tickets are $ 1700 per person. I appreciate every input. Thanks:)

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
23,092 reviews
from US$76.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
531 reviews
from US$412.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,855 reviews
from US$123.90*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,653 reviews
from US$57.40*
Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Italy to London - 6/9/14 - 6/30

The hostels I've stayed at had storage rooms, rather than individual lockers. Some were better than others at making sure the person who picked up the luggage was the owner. However, it's been over ten years since I've stayed in a hostel.

22. Re: Italy to London - 6/9/14 - 6/30

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 07:19