We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vatican - Reduced Ticket & Colosseum Roma Pass

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Vatican - Reduced Ticket & Colosseum Roma Pass

Hello I am looking to book tickets for the Vatican museum and Sistine chapel for Wed 28th August, I'm curious do I qualify for the reduced ticket as I'm a member of the EU and aged 22? On their website I have noticed their is a ticket service charge of 4 euro per ticket, I would be purchasing two so that's an added 8 euro, is it recommended I book online or would the Qs not be so bad early on a Wednesday?

Another Q I have is I will be booking the colosseum underground tour for Friday 30th August, I will get a Roma pass at Termini.. If I phone them now to book should I book the English colosseum tour plus the underground tour for after? The colosseum tour is inc with Roma pass though underground tour is additional charges? Will those two tours cover everything that's on in the colosseum at the minute?

Any advice is much appreciated! Thankyou

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,302 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vatican - Reduced Ticket & Colosseum Roma Pass

There are no tours that are included in the romapass. It's an entry pass and does not cover any tours. There is no need to book a tour of the main areas and of the underground. The information on the structure is all the same. Doing both would be redundant. If using the romapass for entry you'll need to call to book the tour. Just let them know you already have entry tickets and just want to add on the tour.

For the Vatican museums, if you are a student and have a student I.D. with your photo on it you qualify for the reduced entry fee. Yes, the booking fee is per person so if there are two of you it will cost 8 euros. The lines to get into the museums and basilica are the longest in the mornings. If you plan on visiting in the morning you should book entry tickets to avoid the lines.

Donna

Belfast, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vatican - Reduced Ticket & Colosseum Roma Pass

Thankyou Donna, I tried calling to book the underground tour though I was given a different number to call.. +390639967700, When I called to book it said their was technical issues.. Is this the right number/code? I am calling from the UK..

Thanks again

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,302 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vatican - Reduced Ticket & Colosseum Roma Pass

39 06 399 67 700 is the correct number. They have been having issues with the website but I don't know if they have spilled over to the phone booking part as well. I would try calling again. I don't know the country code you will need to use.

Donna

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,464 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vatican - Reduced Ticket & Colosseum Roma Pass

for the Vatican, it doesn't matter if you are from the EU or not -- it would be odd if the independent Vatican state discriminated against its parishioners from around the world. It is surrounded by Italy, but it is not Italy.

Belfast, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vatican - Reduced Ticket & Colosseum Roma Pass

Thanks again for the quick reply Donna, I called them again, was on hold for 8min, when I got through the operator said hello I'm guessing in Italian, when I replied saying hello they seemed to hang up.. Do they all speak English? Should I just try call again?

I don't expect everyone to speak English, though it may be compulsory when working at a tourist helpline.

Edited: 26 August 2013, 15:43
lincoln
Level Contributor
664 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vatican - Reduced Ticket & Colosseum Roma Pass

From UK dial 00 39 06 399 67 700 for the underground tour -I found that about 8.30 Uk time was a good time. You will hear some Italian as soon as you dial it didn't even ring when I tried it but wait and you get a translation I think you then press 0 when they tell you to and then you are asked to wait and when the operator comes- on just say english -it is then very easy. When I dialled in the afternoon after I pressed 0 there was a message that implied they were busy and then I was cut off .

Belfast, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Vatican - Reduced Ticket & Colosseum Roma Pass

I got through okay the second time.. A different operator had answered and their was no issues, he was nice, polite and answered all my queries.

I still believe I was hung up on on my first call, I had already followed the press 0 process etc. Though I could be wrong and it may have been a technical issue.

Thanks for the replys folks, got my bookings sorted. I may make a post later with my itinerary, nice to have feedback.

8. Re: Vatican - Reduced Ticket & Colosseum Roma Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 05:17