We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to book colosseum tickets? Should I do underground too

SINGAPORE
Level Contributor
718 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Where to book colosseum tickets? Should I do underground too

I know the official site to book the colosseum tickets is www.coopculture.it. However I also see darkrome.com offers tickets for skip the line rome in 1 day tour with colosseum and also colosseum by night including underground tour and Ancient Rome. Are these tours by dark rome better? And should I do the underground tour also?

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to book colosseum tickets? Should I do underground too

Unless somebody's done both tours, they can't tell you which is better. Even then, it could depend on the particular guide who was doing the tour that particular day. I'm sure the official tour is cheaper; it costs onlya few euros more than the simple entry ticket. Many people have reported that it's a good tour, so I wouldn't want to pay a whole lot more for a different one.

As for whether you'd like to do the regular tour or the Underground tour, I think you're the only one who can answer that. I myself have never felt any need to do any tour of the Colosseum. I've been able to see and learn all I want with an entry ticket and a good guide book.

2. Re: Where to book colosseum tickets? Should I do underground too

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2014, 05:17