We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prices

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
prices

hello can anybody advise me on average prices in rome . were staying in vatican city but we dont mind travelling around on public transport can you give me average price of say a beer in a bar or bread cheese and meat in a supermarket as were self catering any other advise would be welcome also thankyou sandy

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,886 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prices

This may be helpful: numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_countries.…

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: prices

thanks nick very helpfull

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,482 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: prices

I don't think you're staying in Vatican City, unless you're a cardinal!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: prices

so bvlenci have you got any good advice for me or you just on here to be sarcastic!

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,482 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: prices

Well, I don't drink beer, and the prices of meat and cheese vary greatly depending on the quality. You can get hamburger meat (with who knows what in it) and substandard cheese for less than 8 euros per kilo, but if you want good meat and cheese, you'll pay twice that. Bread is cheap; I don't even look at the price.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,809 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: prices

I don't think she's being sarcastic, she's just correcting you. You cannot stay in Vatican city unless you're a cardinal. I'm sure you meant you're staying near Vatican city so it really depends on where you're staying as to the prices you'll find. If you want to tell us the area you're staying in it'll be easier to give you a good estimate of the groceries around you.

Donna

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: prices

thanks for all your replies im staying at apartment san pietro la corte if anybody can give me any advice on area surrounding this place it would be appreciated also ive booked terravision to termini station can any body let me know how to get to my apartment from there thankyou very much for all your replies sandy

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,886 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: prices

What is the apartment's address? You cannot expect us to know the location of all of the thousands of apartments in Rome.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
349 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: prices

Hi

As your apartment is near Vatican City (via del fornaci according to googlemap) you will be able to catch a bus or taxi from Termini, it's almost 5km away so not walking distance. I would suggest taxi as after the flight etc you will just want to get there asap, although the buses are easy to navigate so definitely use during your trip as only a few euros per day and take you all over the city, just do a bit of homework on what buses get you where.

Very jealous as Rome is my favourite city, having visited a few times and can't wait to return. If you need any other information on things to do etc please ask as I love reminiscing about my trips lol!!

Edited: 08 September 2013, 20:13
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: prices

thankyou kinzi , i cant wait to get there now only 4 more days yippee sandy